CHAPTER 80: Small Shallow Wound

The patient was almost in tears when Drake began to bury the needle in his skin. The man screamed and actually cried, something he wondered. The wound was not that big, he had given anesthesia twice. But he knew that he is not faking the pain. The patient's face was pale and the sweat was dripping. He was really in pain, so much pain that he just bit the handkerchief to suppress the scream.

"Give me ten ml of lidocaine again, Arylle." Tumigil si Drake pagkatapos ng unang stitch.

This is fucking impossible...unless your...

Drake turned to Arylle as she opened the another ten ml of two percent lidocaine. He withdraw the whole ten ml and injected to the severed part of the patient's skin. He even waited for another five to ten minutes before he started stitching again.

"Aaaaaaaghhhhhh!" Pero napasigaw uli ang lalaking pasyente nang bumaon ang karayom sa balat niya. Natanggal ang panyong kagat-kagat niya at napayakap ang babaeng kasama nito.

"Babe!" Sigaw ng babae sabay yakap ng mahigpit at irap kay Arylle.

"I'm okay..." Hinaplos nito ang babae saka hinalikan sa ulo.

"I guess, you have a very low pain threshold, Mr. Hidalgo. Do you want a concious sedation while I do the stitch?"

"No, I am okay. How many stitches do I need?"

"Hmmm, seven to eight stitches will do."

"Then do it, I'm okay. I can handle pain." Huminga ng malalim ang lalaki saka napatingin kay Arylle.

Kitang-kita ni Drake ang pagtatama ng mga mata nila. It was fierce and full of rage.

"Okay, then let's get going Arylle. Let's finish this very quick. I don't want other patient's thinking that I am some kind of sadist doctor who want to inflict pain to his patients. Can you do that for me, Benedict? Just bite that handkerchief again so you won't fucking scream."

Seryosong sabi ni Drake saka bumalik sa ginagawa niya. He knew the patient, he's a family friend. He also knew his girlfriend.

"And...can you please stop overeacting, Yna? You are not allowed to stay here." Bumaling naman si Drake sa babaeng napilitang lumabas.

I don't expect a nurse to be like this, sadist? You are really something Arylle. You want to hurt him but you act like you're also in pain?

He smirked at her as she saw her closed her eyes everytime the patient bite the handkerchief to supress the scream.

Nang matapos ni Drake ang pagtatahi niya, nilinis agad ni Arylle ang mga ginamit nila. Tahimik lang ang dalaga at hindi nagsalita. She was a little bit trembling while washing the instruments.

"Trepidation is for someone who did something that shouldn't be done. Do no harm, you don't have medical ethics? That principle does not exist in nursing school?" Nagulat na lang siya nang magpunta sa likod niya si Drake. Mas nagulat pa siya nang dukutin ng binata mula sa bulsa niya ang tatlong vial ng lidocaine.

"You gave sterile water instead of lidocaine." He held her tightly.

"Akala mo hindi ko alam? I can accept negligence Arylle, but having malpractice is a big-"

"Drake, stop harassing nurses. Just because you're the future medical director's friend, you can do whatever you want." Hinila ni Drew si Arylle.

"Pwede ba, huwag ka makialam dito! You don't know what she did just now! Stop acting like that fucking gentleman who-"

"I'm not, who says I am? I am not a gentleman. I just can't stand what you do to every nurses here. What she did is unprofessional, but it didn't kill anyone. That's a superficial wound compare to what he did to her." Mabilis na putol ni Drew sa kanya.