CHAPTER 62: I Just Slipped Down

"Still stalking on your ex-boyfriend? You should move on Melissa. I already told you, he didn't love-"

Bulong ni Carl kay Missy na sa sobrang gulat ay na-out of balance mula sa kinatatayuan niya. Papunta sana siya sa restaurant kung saan sila magkikita ni James nang makita niya ang sasakyan ni Drew. Hindi ito sanay na ganoon kabilis magpatakbo ang binata. Out of her curiosity, sinundan niya ang kotse nito. She ends up in AMCIS, following Drew on the public toilet. Meanwhile, Carl is looking for Kara. He had made a little surprise for their first monthsary. He chose to do it in AMCIS because this is the place where he first met Kara. While looking for his girlfriend, he ends up crossing path with Missy.

"Do you love this position? Women on top?" Kindat ni Carl sa dalaga na nasa ibabaw niya. Sasaluhin sana niya si Missy sa pagkatumba, pero pag-atras niya, kahit siya ay na-out of balance.

"You never changed, stalking is still your thing. Akala ko ba, you and James are dating? Why are you here? Still can't move on with Drew? It's a bad habbit to-"

"Eh ikaw? Bakit ka andito? Are you stalking on me? Sinundan mo ako noh!"

Putol ni Missy sa kanya pero natawa si Carl. Napakalakas ng halakhak nito habang nakapatong ang ulo niya sa magkabilang braso. She was still on the same position while he's laughing out loud.

"Why would I stalk you? I am here with my girlfriend. I am teaching her how to-"

"Girlfriend? May..." Melissa was shocked. She couldn't find the right words.

"Hindi ako stalker, hindi ako kagaya mo. And could you please-"

"Si Kara ba? Siya ang..." Napalunok siya na para bang hindi makapaniwala. She saw her with Drew bago siya ma-out of balance.

Is it her? You are dating Kara?

Feeling of ambivalence hits her hard. She wanted to feel happy. Una para kay Kara at pangalawa para sa kanya. She and James is not officially dating, at totoong hanggang ngayon ay naiisip pa din niya si Drew.

Are you really...

Melissa could feel the lump on her throat. Her chest also tightened as her eyes started to become red and teary for an unknown reason.

You are...

She tried her best to held her tears. Mas naging mapula ang mata niya habang lumulunok siya.

"Get off me, stalker! You just get old, but this habbit of yours never changed." He smiled and unconciously caressed her cheek.

Don't tell me...you will cry? Come on, mock me too.

His eyes were focus on her and memories started to resurfaced.

For one whole month, Carl has a routine to go in the school as early as five in the morning. His whole team were on a tight practice for their incoming basketball tournament. Sometimes, he even comes earlier. In almost three weeks, he felt that someone was always following him. There is always seems to be someone watching. He sometimes thinks that he is just imagining, but it seems like it happens to him almost every day.

He saw shadow walking down the corridor. He also heard footsteps as if he wasn't alone inside the gym. Up to the room where his locker was placed, the shadow was always following him. He wasn't sure what it was, but he is sure that someone is with him. He was not afraid of ghosts but it annoyed him to death.

"I'm not scared with you, better to show yourself than trying to scare me with that fucking shadow!"

Carl said as he could feel those footsteps behind him again as he walked down the corridor to where his locker was placed.