A Long Journey

"Why?" A puzzled Dream asked.

"I had some sort of vivid dream. A vision of some sort. I'll return to you, Clay. I just need to get this out of the way," You explained.

Dream didn't seem very happy. "And why should I be ok with you going?"

"Because I'm a free woman." 

That made Dream laugh. He took one of his spare hoodies and tossed it to you, looking down at the ground in sadness. "If you must leave, I'll let you. And of course you can leave because you're a free woman," He replied, holding back more laughter.

"Trust me, it's important. I'll see you soon, Clay. I love you."

His heart warmed at that. Maybe you truly would make him kinder. Maybe you could change him into a better person. It would be a work in progress. He would miss you, that's for sure. "I love you," Dream said, hugging you.

You threw on the hoodie he gave you and walked out the door. Dream looked at you longingly as you walked off. The sun was setting, and you admired the colors. You wouldn't need the hoodie for long since Foolish's domain was in the desert.

Now that you were thinking about your most recent moments with Dream, you couldn't help but think how cute he is. You were one of the only people he trusted to be in a room without his mask. You suppose he's still cute with the mask on, but not as much. It makes him more intimidating.

This would be one of the longest walks ever.

After walking for a very long time, you finally felt the surface change to sand. It felt hotter. With the tempature change, you took Dream's hoodie off and tied it around your waist. Thankfully, you knew Foolish wasn't too much farther.

Your feet were throbbing with pain and you felt as if you were going to pass out from the amount of walking. There were only a few breaks that you had taken. This trip better be worth leaving Dream and walking this far.

Why were you even making this trip for some god that you didn't even care about? It was as if you had no control over your actions. You had just left as soon as your vivid dream was over. It was strange.

After even more walking, you saw the biggest statue you would ever see. It was a complete replica of XD. A statue that went up to the clouds and maybe even further. It was gigantic. Had Foolish made this statue just for XD's pleasure?

You heard footsteps, and you looked up to see someone around the same height as XD. It had to be Foolish. You had heard of his tallness.

"Foolish?" You called.