Please Let Me Go

This chapter consists of mainly flashbacks. Thank you guys all for the supports and nice comments! Ly all! The flashback is inspired by the song, "I Love You So".

You were left alone, again. The stress was getting to you. Where was Ranboo, and was he safe? You also wanted Wilbur to come back... There was an encounter sometime after his death that kept you awake at night. There was a such thing as Ghostbur, the ghost form of Wilbur. But he didn't remember much, and it was almost as if he was a different person completely.

But there was one time when Wilbur himself came to you. It was a visit, but his spirit couldn't stay forever. You had begged him to come back home, but he couldn't. There was only one way for him to be brought back, and that was Dream's revive book. As if that was even real. You hadn't heard much from your friends lately, you had isolated yourself for quite some time.

As you thought about your past more, the lights stopped flashing red and you were left in complete darkness, tied to a chair. You closed your eyes and started to think about the moment Wilbur had begged for you to move on and stop throwing your life away.

"Wilbur?"

He put a hand on your cheek and wiped your tear away. "Are you really here?" 

He nodded with a smile. It had been forever since you saw his fluffy brown hair and looked into his chocolate colored eyes. "My love, you know that I can't stay for long." 

You felt more tears coming from your E/C eyes.

"Come home, Will."

You went to reach for his hand, but his hand went right through yours. "Oh. But if Dream's claim about the revive book is true, he could bring you back!"  You looked up at the taller man hopefully.

"He wants you all to himself, Y/N. Why would be bring me back?" 

You sighed and looked down at the ground. "I could convince him. Wilbur, I've realized that I can't live without you."

He looked at you sadly. "I do have good news. In the afterlife, or when I come to visit you, I'm at peace, Y/N. I've realized my mistakes. If Dream were to bring me back, I would become the sam man that destroyed our home. I would be crazy once again. I don't want to treat you like that, but I'm afarid that's what will happen if Dream brings me back. I love you, and I'm sorry."

You thought about what Dream would say to you. He would say that Wilbur's acting all sweet to you to lure you into his trap. And once he would come back alive, he would come after you. Dream had harsh judgement, but what if he was right? What if Wilbur wasn't even normal in the afterlife?

Even if the revived version of him was to be manipulative, you knew that he would always love you.

"I love you too, Will."

"But you have to move on, Y/N." Dream still haunted you. That place would change Wilbur the longer he was there. Just as the prison would change Dream.

"I can't move on," You sobbed. 

You tilted your head. "Will, why were you able to touch me without your hand fading earlier?" You questioned.

Wilbur sighed. "Well, I used some sort of magic to come here. It brought me here to talk to you, but I slowly fade away. I'm running out of time."

"Oh."

"Y/N, please just let me go."

Another tear dropped. "But I love you so."

Wilbur started to fade. "Please let me go."

He was gone.

"No!" You cried.

"I hope you feel what I felt when you shattered my soul." Those words described your anger and sadness.

Now in the present, hot tears were streaming down your face as you sniffled. Dream entered the room again and rushed to take your mask off. "What happened while I was gone? Please don't tell me one of your idiotic friends tried to take you from me."