discovery

I grab my pre-packed bag. I also inform Mya that we'll be travelling back in the volleyball team's coach, and she has seemed awfully happy ever since.

"(y/n)? Are you ok?"

"Yeah. Just tired."

When I returned to the room earlier, Mya wasn't there since she probably took the main route. So I took the opportunity to ice my cheek whilst alone, so she didn't get worried or ask any questions.

I also don't want her to be involved in whatever these people have planned for me, that is, if they even have anything planned at all.

Another thing I did was get changed. The clothes I had on before were all dirty and dusty from me being thrown on the floor by whoever tried attacking me. I put on a simple pair of black sweatpants and a (favourite colour) hoodie.

"Okay, I'm sure you can sleep on the bus.", she smiles and picks up her bags. "I'm ready when you are."

"Let's go."

We walk down the hall for the final time, both quite eager to just get on the bus. Mya's fluffy sliders click against the floorboards as we get to the stairs.

"Have you got everything?", she queries as we descend.

"I'm pretty sure. Got your shorts back yet?", I tease in reply.

"(y/n)!", she whines. "If you must know, no I haven't got my shorts back. Osamu promised he'd bring them with him today."

"So he was the reason you had no shorts on?"

"Isn't that obvious?!"

"I just wanted to hear you admit it.", I smirk and she elbows me harshly. I wince a little due to my body being tender from fighting earlier, but it wasn't enough for Mya to notice.

We soon got to the parking lot and Atsumu was the first to approach me.

"Suna and Osamu are on the coach already.", he informs us. Mya nods and gestures to me that she's gonna go get on the coach. I give her a thumbs up then return my attention to Atsumu.

"So...Sakusa? Anything happen."

"Yes yes yes.", he gushes. "I'm basically a married man."

"He proposed?"

"Nooo he asked me out!"

I smile and give him a hug, trying to ignore the idea of him and Sakusa sharing an anniversary with Rintarou and I.

"I'm so happy for you."

He gives me a genuine grin and we make our way to the coach.

-

"Hey princess.", Rintarou greets as I sit down next to him.

"Hello.", I answer quietly and sink into my hoodie a little more, letting the hood almost completely cover my face.

"Tired?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, can I get that kiss before you go to sleep?"

I smile weakly and turn to him, leaning in a little.

But then his eyes widen briefly and he grabs my chin with his hand, stopping me from getting any closer. Then he turns my face slightly, angling my cheekbone towards his line of sight.

I wriggle out of his grasp but he uses his second hand to cup my face.

"Did you get into another fight?"

"No. Its from the fight I had with Lani."

"Don't lie to me, this wasn't here yesterday.", his eyes search my face for any other hints that I might've gotten into another fistfight.

"I'm not lying.", I remove his hands from my face.

But he just grabs my face again. "Who did this to you?"

"Lani. From the fight the other day, like I said."

"(y/n) I swear, don't play with me right now, tell me who hit you."

I roll my eyes and finally look up, making eye contact with him. "Some boy just tried it with me earlier. Its fine."

"It was a boy? I'll kill him.", he looks genuinely furious.

"Its not like its the only fight I've ever had."

"Yeah but (y/n), he had no right to put his hands on you."

"I handled it pretty well on my own.", I move his hands off of me again and turn away from him to look out the window.

He sighs, then puts an arm around my waist and pulls me close to him. "You're mine, I just wanna keep you safe."

"I understand.", I bring my knees up to my chest and lean back into him a little more, my body still turned away from him.

I feel like crying. I really do. It seems like recently, everything has just been x10 worse than usual. I've had a lot of fights before, and its not something I'm proud of. Not being able to control your emotions isn't nice. But I don't usually feel sad after.

I'm not sure if its because of what he said, about how Suna is supposedly using me, or if its just because I've been so overwhelmed and exhausted this entire trip. Or maybe its both of those things.

"Do you know who it was?"

"No."

"And do you know why he did it?"

"He wanted me to break up with you, said you were using me and shit."

I feel Suna wince. He doesn't say anything for a second, but then turns me around gently and pushes his lips to mine.

"I'd never do that to you, I promise baby.", he reassures as we pull away.

"I believe you."

He smiles weakly and kisses me again, more passionately this time.

Then I feel an empty water bottle being thrown at my head.

"Get a room!", someone yells.

I internally laugh a little and lay my head on Rintarou's shoulder, letting myself succumb to some well deserved rest.