catharsis

play song throughout or when you see the <3, which i kinda recommend (the song is I hear the day has come by Matt Maltese)

I was arrested immediately after the doctors found Lani and I in Rintarou's hospital room, bloodied and bruised.

So for the past few days, I've been telling the story over and over again. From start to finish, from the first text to the incident at the farm. Everything.

At first it felt like nobody believed me, even the officers who were there when Amira attacked me seemed suspicious. But after a lot of evidence, Amira's phone, and a reminder that my boyfriend has literally been comatose after being shot by his own sister, they began to put pieces together. I assumed they were already investigating after the Amira incident, but I guess not.

As for what I did to Lani, well, its being investigated. Its likely I'll get an assault charge, but they want to speak to her. The problem is that whilst I was being arrested, she was taken to a different hospital for emergency treatment. So they'll have to wait. I was lucky and was released until my court date. Not sure who made that decision, or how.

Its been just under a week since that all happened. I was kept for three days in holding, then released home. Today, I'm going to see Rintarou. Well I'm going to try, I might not be let in the hospital.

"(y/n)?", Atsumu's hand waves in my face. "Please don't crash this car. The light is on green."

"Oh.", I begin driving once more. Along with Atsumu, there's also Osamu and Mya in the car with me.

"Things might be different. He had that surgery, right?", Atsumu asks, attempting to reassure me.

"Yeah."

"So...it might mean he's improving!", he smiles weakly, trying to fake certainty.

"I hope so. Its the last surgery he can have.", I sigh, pulling into a parking space at the hospital.

We all get out of the car. Nobody has an umbrella, despite it pouring with rain.

As we walk towards the entrance, I catch a glimpse of myself in a puddle. There's slight bruising on my lower lip and under my eye. A scratch mark is also present, just off the central point of my chin.

As we approach the door, the security eyes us all suspiciously. Mya walks in first, with uncharacteristic confidence. I stroll in after her, the twins behind me.

We aren't stopped, despite the security acting all fierce and intimidating, as if they intended to stop us.

<3 (start music if you haven't already)

Stepping into the elevator, my heart begins to race. Today is essentially make or break. If the surgery was successful, then he should theoretically make a full recovery. If it wasn't, he'll likely remain in a coma and eventually be taken off life support.

The elevator climbs floors, and my anxiety climbs mountains. I never imagined falling so quickly and strongly for someone.

I also never imagined having that taken away from me. I don't want to feel like this anymore, I want to go back to how it was before all of it.

We step out of the elevator. Rintarou's new room is at the end of the hall. So obviously, we begin walking down said hall.

A hand slips into mine and I look down to see Mya's tanned skin on mine.

"It'll be okay, whatever happens. We'll get through it together.", she almost whispers, squeezing my hand a little.

We stop infront of Rintarou's door.

Osamu's hand quivers a little as he reaches for the doorknob, and opens the door slowly.

He steps aside instead of walking into the room. "You can go first.", he tells me quietly.

I stare at him for a few seconds, then nod.

My balance feels completely off as I take a step forward.

Mya lets go of my hand, and I take a couple more steps, until I'm in the doorway of the room, inside enough to see the bed.

My heart stops as my gaze rests upon the bed, which is empty.

On impulse, I step back, almost stumbling. Tears well in my eyes, and my throat closes up.

"I can't do this.", I whisper as Atsumu hugs me.

Osamu hesitantly steps into the room, before fully walking in. He makes eye contact with Mya, and then she enters the room as well.

Atsumu pulls away from me for a moment. "Lets sit down, to talk about it. Maybe the doctors will come in and give us some more information."

"I...I can't go in there.", I stutter between quiet cries.

"Come on.", he instructs, guiding me into the room, which I try to fight, but fail.

Atsumu leads me fully into the room, closing the door behind him.

My heart stops once more.

The bed is still empty, but now I have a full view of the room.

Rintarou's standing, his back facing us, looking out of the room's window. He turns around when he hears my sniffling, his eyes widening.

"Oh my God.", I whisper, frozen in place.

Atsumu's hand on my back pushes me forward, and he gestures for me to go to Rintarou. Then he steps out of the room, as do Mya and Osamu.

This action must've awakened my body, as I rush forward and give Rintarou the biggest, tightest hug I ever have.

He stumbles a little, wincing in pain. "Be careful.", he laughs as I pull back. He wipes the tears from my face with his smooth thumb. "I missed you."

"I love you so much Rin, I'm so sorry.", I cry, hugging his neck.

"I love you too, and its not your fault, don't say sorry.", he reassures, kissing my forehead softly. He looks at me with weak but admiring eyes, "You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

"I...I thought you didn't expect me to be pretty? You said it...in detention.", I manage, still crying but with a faint smile on my face.

"Shut up.", he rolls his eyes before planting a kiss on my lips.

We hear the door open, as the twins and Mya walk back into the room. I step aside and Osamu immediately pulls Rintarou into a hug.

Mya looks at me with a happy, teary-eyed smile. "You're so strong. We're all so- so proud.", she praises, voice cracking halfway through speech.

She wraps her arms around me and hugs me tightly, which I reciprocate.

I pull away, excusing myself for a moment. I leave the room quietly, and close the door behind me.

Looking in my bag, I grab my phone with the intention of calling both mine and Rintarou's Mothers.

But then I hear my name being called from the end of the corridor. "(y/n)!"

I glance up and see my Mum and Rin's approaching me quickly, almost running together.

They're both crying as they approach me. I move away from the door so his Mum can access the room, whilst my own Mother pulls me into a hug.

"He's okay.", I announce, almost losing my breath. He's okay.

——