anonymous text

"Wake up baby, we're home.", I feel a soft kiss on my forehead as I wake up from my sleep.

"What time is it?", allowing my eyes to adjust to the light, I look up at my boyfriend.

"Around 6pm, come on let's go home."

We both grab our bags and leave the coach, the cold air immediately chilling our skin as we step onto the car park's grey tarmac.

I look around and, thankfully, see my Mum's car there waiting for me. I give her a gesture that says 'one minute' and then turn back to Suna.

"How are you getting home?"

"My sister should be here...", he looks around a little but doesn't see her. "She'll be here soon."

"Do you want a lift? I'm sure my Mum won't mind, she loves you."

"No, its ok.", Suna pulls me into a hug where his arms are loosely around my waist and his head his resting on my shoulder.

The peace doesn't last long though, as I feel Suna's phone vibrating in his pocket. "Its my sister, one second princess.", he pulls his phone out and answers the call, slightly stepping away.

After only 2 minutes, he comes back to me. "She's not coming, she's says she's at some girl's house. Probably a hookup."

"Oh...so you do need a lift?"

"I can walk."

I grab his hand and begin walking to my Mum's car, he tries to protest and claims that he's fine with walking home, but I just ignore him and open one of the doors to the car's backseat, practically pushing him in.

"Oh hey Suna, did you enjoy the trip?", my Mum happily asks him.

"How are you gonna ask him before you ask me?", I complain with a frown.

"You've been texting me non-stop, I know you hated it (y/n). So, was it fun Suna?"

"It was ok. I'm just really tired now.", he replies and I see her smile softly as she begins to drive.

"I can only imagine. Are you coming to our house? Or should I take you home?"

"He's going home.", I interject. "Because I need to do loads of things before Mya's birthday on Sunday, then I wanna sleep."

"Yeah I do just wanna sleep when I get home. I'll see you guys soon though.", he adds.

-

After dropping Suna home, I went straight to my bathroom and showered, then ordered Mya's birthday present using next day delivery, did most of my laundry, and then got an early night.

Today is Friday, 2 days before Mya's birthday and my first day back at school since the competition. I don't want to go, but then again, I never want to.

"Come on (y/n), we'll be late.", my Mum says and she stands by the door, waiting for me to put on my shoes so she can drive me to school. She offered because its raining and awfully cold.

Ever since I left school that one time, my Mum has been on my back about ensuring that I've been attending. She wanted to set up Life360 on my phone, but we came to a negotiation which meant that she didn't do that.

I finish tying my laces and sling my bag over my shoulder, following my Mum out of the open door and locking it behind me with the key she left inside the hole. We get into the car and she turns on the radio before setting off for Inarizaki.

Whilst looking out of the window, watching raindrops trickle down the glass, I feel my phone vibrate in my lap. So I pick it up and see a text from an unknown number.