unwanted company

"Right...I know it was meant to be just us two tonight...", Atsumu stands awkwardly infront of the bed, swinging his arms back and forth. "...but I kinda invited the others over, for a sort of movie night?"

"Oh.", I deadpan and turn back around, wondering why he felt the need to interrupt my nap just to tell me that.

"Well, they don't have to come over. It was actually Osamu's idea to do something nice to take your mind off everything that's been happening."

"I don't mind, do whatever.", I mumble, eyes still closed.

"Okay! They'll be here in ten minutes."

"What?!", I sit up abruptly with shock. "And you're only telling me now?!", I gesture to my outfit that consists of his t-shirt and his sweatpants, since I'd spontaneously decided I wanted to have a nap when I arrived at his house earlier today and didn't fancy sleeping in jeans.

"Nobody's gonna judge you. Akagi wears the same shirt for like four days."

"True.", I sigh and get out of bed, following Atsumu (who's blabbering about what food he's gonna get Osamu to make) downstairs.

In the kitchen, I'm greeted kindly by Osamu with a head pat, Atsumu isn't so lucky and gets a slap on the back of his head.

"(y/n), what do you want to eat?", he questions quietly.

"What can you make?"

"Anything", he grins and twirls a spoon between his fingers.

"Uh, (favourite food)?", I suggest.

"Yes!", Atsumu cheers before Osamu can even reply. His twin just nods and heads over to a cupboard to begin gathering ingredients.

-

"You bought weed?", I ask Rintarou, feeling his grinder in his pocket beneath my leg.

"Well yeah, what can you smell it?", he begins patting his hoodie down hurriedly.

"No.", is all I say, and he instantly stops fidgeting.

A silence passes over the two of us, the others still talking with each other but Suna and I both seem to be at a loss for words. That is, until I feel him begin to fidget with the waistband of the sweatpants I'm wearing.

"These aren't yours.", he mutters and then moves on to messing around with my t-shirt. "Neither is this. Are these Atsumu's?"

"Yeah.", I shrug. "Jealous?"

"No...", he murmurs but continues examining my outfit, "...a little."

"Shouldn't be. He's my best friend, nothing else."

"I know I know.", he pushes me to the side gently so he can get to his feet. "Just going to roll in the kitchen."

"I'll come wi-"

"No, stay here."

I give him a dead stare then nod, before getting up and walking straight past him.

I make my way upstairs and into Atsumu's room, closing the door behind me and flopping myself onto his comfy bed.

"I should've slept for longer, I'm too tired for this.", I mumble to myself whilst getting comfy under the duvet.

The lights are off, but the window is open, and I can hear cars crawling past, the wind's whisper and the constant patter of light rain.

Atsumu likes his bedroom to be cold. If I could guess, I would say that the temperature of the bedroom itself is about 15 degrees Celsius (59 Fahrenheit), but I don't know why I'm guessing how cold the room is when I'm meant to be sleeping.