sounds, storms and slashers

A knocking sound at the door jolts us both awake, making Suna accidentally elbow me in the face.

"Thank you for that.", I groan and get to my feet, sluggishly.

"Mmm...anytime.", he responds, the mockery still evident in his morning voice.

After pushing my feet into some slippers, I make my way downstairs and towards the door, stretching my arms and back as I do so.

Wondering if it's Mya or Atsumu, I glance at the clock. 9:12am? It's too early for both of them to be here.

So I check the little peephole built into the door, but see nobody.

"Hello?", I mumble, half hoping for a response.

But nobody answers. So I hesitantly unlock the door, eventually realising that nobody is hiding in the bushes and then swinging it open.

A person wasn't standing there, but a large bouquet of flowers (red roses) is sitting on the porch's bench. I leave the door open as I step outside and sit down next to them.

There's a little card wedged into the middle of the flowers. On one side, it says my name and is decorated heavily with love hearts. On the other side, it reads, 'red roses symbolise love, passion and desire'.

"Maybe it's not a stalker, but a secret admirer instead.", Suna's voice makes me jump out of my skin. "Did I scare you?"

"Yes!", I throw the bouquet of flowers at him but he moves out of the way.

The flowers collide forcefully with the ground, and the petals fall off, taken away by the relatively harsh wind. We both watch as they fly through the air, soon out of sight.

"That was a waste.", he rolls his eyes and takes my hand, pulling me back inside.

"Did you want them?", I scoff. "They're still out there."

He doesn't reply for a moment, as if he's contemplating whether he should tell me something or not.

"There was someone knocking on your window last night.", he finally stated in his monotone voice.

"What? My bedroom window?"

"Yeah. You were asleep already though and it was really faint."

"Why didn't you wake me up?!"

"You needed the rest, nothing happened anyway. We're both still alive, aren't we?"

"I don't wanna stay here anymore. Not whilst my Mum isn't here."

"Come stay with me."

"I'll think about it. Would rather stay with Mya or Atsumu.", I tease.

He rolls his eyes again, but sarcastically. "Go pack your things."

-

We made the car journey over to Suna's at around 4pm. I was insistent on cleaning my house before we left, which included throwing the beaten up bouquet into the fire.

Whilst we drove, the weather took a turn for the worse. It grew dark, with thick grey clouds covering the entire sky. Then the rain came, heavy and thick drops that looked like tiny daggers slicing through the air.

The worst part, in my opinion, was the wind. It whistled. I know that's what everyone always says, you'd write that in a creative story at the age of 7. But this really did whistle, and it was scary. The streets were empty due to the storm, so all we could hear was the car's engine, and that ominous and invading wind reverberating in our ears.

The storm only got worse from there. Currently, I'm watching out of Suna's window wall, looking down at the city which is now derelict due to the harsh conditions.