Prologue

*A/N: Hello everybody. Thank you for clicking on this book. It's my first time writing so I hope it's not as bad as it looks lol. If you like this book at all, I'll try and update as soon as I can. Thanks. Enjoy :)  *

_________________________________________________________

It was a silent night. In one place, it wasn't very eventful. You could hear the soft settling sound of rain as people walked by with their umbrellas. Cars slowly driving by. Bells ringing from the sound of store doors opening. Footsteps heard at every turn and puddles of water being splashed onto the sidewalk. Basically, everybody was minding their own business. 

Of course, not everybody was having such a calm night.

Just on the other side of the city, the police force were quickly chasing after a wanted criminal. She was incredibly fast yet the police were hot on her trail. It turns out that she had just escaped from Tartarus. But that couldn't be the case. Didn't she just get captured half an hour ago?

Then again, she was wearing the cuffs and they certainly weren't from the police. That was yet another rumour that came to be in such a short period of time.

The pathway in front of her was starting to show. It was a dead end. But she couldn't turn back. Not now at least, or the police would've caught her in an instant. Who knows? Maybe turning back even meant certain death. In conclusion, turning back was definitely not an option. So she started to run even faster, tugging on her hood in the process. Of course, with the police and their vehicles, that didn't make much of a difference. The fact alone that she managed to out-run them while their vehicles were about a quarter past halfway up to full speed was amazing. Once she made it to the dead end, she looked around for anything she could use to get away. 

"You are surrounded. Put your hands above your head."

She lightly placed her gloved hands on the brick wall in front of her, ignoring the police's command and looking for a loose brick in the wall. But she was instantly interrupted because of a tranquility dart that was shot at her. It just missed her hands. She rapidly retreated her fingers from the wall. Weirdly enough, the dart actually stuck onto the brick wall. What kind of poison was in that thing??

Many footsteps were coming in her direction. She looked down to where the dart was. It had made some of the paint on it crusty and it fell off when she touched it. That was it. The loose brick in the wall.

She swiftly balanced her weight onto the dart and brick and then jumped before they both fell. Without hesitation, her hands caught onto a windowsill and she wasted no time lifting herself up. Suddenly, a bright illumination spotlighted her. A gush of wind from the helicopter above was strong enough to make anybody lose balance. But she acted quickly and sprung onto the clothing line, missing and dodging each shot from the flying vehicle.

Flipping onto the edge, she jumped onto the two of the darts that were just thrown and leaped off of them just before the dart fell. Finally making it to the top, she sprinted onto a restaurant sign and jumped onto the roof of that building.

"Over there!" shouted one of the officers. "Don't let her escape! We can't lose her now!"

Up ahead was a gap between two buildings that not even she could make. But she jumped anyway. When she didn't make it, she grabbed onto a street light at the last minute and slid down to land on the sidewalk, scraping her gloved palm in the process.

She ran through the shadows. She had lost the police. But now she had another problem. She was stopped by a Pro Hero.

Eraserhead.