37. Plague in a wide'n open show

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen! Today is finally the day to find out which band will win the contract with the record company" the judge said while standing in between us and the other band. He looked to the crowd, listening whose name they were chanting. We all just nodded and smiled to the public and consumed the love we got. This felt unreal. It has been a journey that I will never forget, meeting so many great people, well everyone expect Julia of course. Being able to play for people, rock out and live out. Stage dive. You name it. I loved being here and I wanted to do this for living.

"Will it be Divine Insanity or The Beauty in Death?" He asked, causing the crowd chant even louder.

"We will find it out more or less in two hours.. Both bands will play 45 minutes set. They will give us all they have left... So let's get this party started with Julia and her band! Divine Insanity the stage is yours!"

We walked off the stage, leaving the other band there to have their show. Rob of course went to watch Julia's show but I wasn't willing to. I needed my own moment before going to stage so I told Jay that I'll be back soon and made my way to the bathrooms.

"Heidi!" I heard familiar voice calling my name on the halfway. I turned around and saw Joel with his band. I looked to the bathroom doors but then I thought that might as well spend a minute with those guys so I turned to my right and went to them.

"Getting nervous?"Niko asked and held his beer in his hands.

"A little.. It is now or never" I smiled and my eyes met with Joel's. We hadn't really talked much since the incident in his kitchen. I'm sure he also remembered how close his lips got to mine.

"You'll do great..Like.. Those girls lack of something" Joel then opened his mouth and handed me his beer. I looked at him and the drink for a moment before taking it, even tho I wasn't a beer drinker and I hated the taste. Guess I needed a sip of courage.

"I have never been their fan.. There is something in Julia I don't like.." Niko pointed out and that made me rise my eyebrow.

"Really? You're getting that vibe too?" I asked and handed the beer back to Joel. Our fingers touched for a moment again in action and I turned my eyes to Niko to avoid the eye contact with Joel.

"She seems to be sketchy... " the curly haired singer said while looking at the stage. Julia was singing Naughty Naughty by Porcelain Black. Again, great song but she just ruined it for me.

"Fake.. That one is so fake" Tommi said and the man was stating facts. There was nothing real in that girl and I had a bad feeling that something was off and it made me even more nervous.

"Naughty,naughty, naughty
We like to party
I know you hate it
'Cause I flirt with everybody
Naughty,naughty, naughty
We just wanna party
It's all for fun and games
Until I hurt somebody "

Julia's voice filled the venue and and my hunger for winning the game only got bigger. That song was so rehearsed and fake that it made my ears bleed.

I stayed with the guys for a little more and then went to bathroom to get my mind into the game.

"You got this...You got this Heidi.. You're so much better than that creature.." I kept whispering to myself. I looked myself from the mirror and even tho I looked ok tonight I was still unsure about everything. Was I enough? Would my singing be enough? What if the judges see more in Divine Insanity than they see in us?

"Fuck them.. Fuck them.. We're better. We're great.. We can do this.. I can do this.."I kept the mantra going until someone else came into the bathroom and went into the booth. I took a deep breath and went back to Jay and the others.