31. Act friendly

I stared thebrunette for a moment, having no clue what to say or do. Who is she? Why is she asking that? Why is she talking to me? Was she here with Joel?
"Yeah.. I just needed to cool down before the show" I said. This situation was a little bit uncomfortable and I did my best not to show it outside.

"You're Heidi,right? From The Beauty in Death? And Joel's neighbour" she asked and leaned against the wall. Oh shit. Where was she going with this? Was she going to blame me about the break up now? Or tell me to stay away from Joel? I started to scratch the back of my neck nervously and nodded.

"Yeah... You're Joel's.. friend?" I asked because I still had no clue what she was to him and what she wanted from me. She laughed quietly and came to wash her hands.

"Yeah, I'm Krista" she gave me her hand and little bit hesitating it shook it. I was confused. Why is she introducing herself to me and where is this conversation going? Why are we randomly meeting here, in the bathroom? Can this get like any more awkward?

"I've heard a lot about you. And your band is pretty cool!" She smiled and that only made me even more confused. Ok, so she wasn't going to rip my head off because I've slept in Joel's bed twice, well nothing happened between us but still. If there was something going on between those two then it was wrong for me to even end up at his place for whatever reason...

"Oh? Have no clue what you have heard but... " I was nervous as hell. Maybe those words were said just to trick me and she was going to attack me now?

"Don't worry, only good stuff. I know it freaks people out when they hear that saying. Anyway.. There is one thing tho" oh shit here it comes. It was nice to be alive all these 26 years but this was my time to go now. She was going to smash my head against the sink so I wouldn't be anywhere near Joel again.
"He is a little bit worried about you... He told me that you're having a hard times.."

Oh.. Okay. So Joel has been chatting about my shitty life with Krista... Great. So who else knows?
"Hard times indeed... " I sighed and bit my lip. What is this?

"I know it is not much of a my business" she started and I could see that she was looking for a words what to say. Not your business? Yeah indeed, so why are you even telling me that you know about my fucked up life?

"But.. He-"

"H? You there?"Jay's voice interrupted us, thank god.. I wasn't sure did I want to know what she had to say. I quickly looked the clock on my wrist and noticed that the competition was about to begin just in this moment.

"Sorry.. I've to.." I pointed the door and Krista just nodded.

Divine Insanity started the show. They sang two Porcelain Black's songs and even tho I liked the original songs these girls really didn't give any justice to either of them... Julia had a nice voice but.. It wasn't enough. It was lacking something... Or my inner hate against them was just too strong.

"Good job girls" Rob high fived the girl band as they walked down the stage. I just smiled and nodded to them, inside I was just not too hyped at all and my imaginary Voodoo doll of Julia was full of needles.

Next was the weird rap-band. They had a fun show but again, nothing special. Just like Julia's band, they were stuck with one style and for me it was boring. I started to feel that we were the only band who had really showed that we can do different stuff. Also, we had two singers, most of the time it was me but Jay had his moment too, or us together. In my opinion we had all it takes to win this thing.

"Babes, we're up"Jay patted me on my shoulder. I looked at him and nodded. Slowly I pushed myself up and we gathered for our group hug.

"Okay guys.. This is it.. Let's give them all we have" Jay said while looking at all of us.