27. Tequila with my tears

Jay was waiting for me by the door as all those times when I've picked him up. He threw his bag into the trunk and sat on the passenger side.

"Hi" I smiled and was ready to drive off but Jay pulled me pretty much over the gearbox, almost into his lap and rushed his lips on mine. What is he doing? What are we? This isn't just comforting me anymore...

"Hi" he said with a big smile and let me go back on my seat. What is it that everybody are so... Scared of? Jay cared about me. And if I didn't know him any better then I would even say that we do feel something against each other too.

"How was your day?" I asked and got back to the road. The drive from the gym to Ben's wasn't too long, around ten minutes. Plenty of time to catch up with some random stuff and talk about the upcoming show and the possibility of getting into the final.
"Just got better once I saw your pretty face.. Yours?" you so smooth, Jay, you know that?

"Boring.. Julia came to get her makeup done too today... Asked about us.." I sighed and stopped behind the traffic lights. I felt Jay's eyes on me so I quickly looked at him before continuing staring the bright red light on my left.

"What did she ask?" he then asked and his fingers danced on my thigh. 

"That how long have we been together. Said that we look kinda good together too" I saw the red light changing to yellow and I was ready to take off.

"So I told her that is all so fresh... She doesn't need to know what we are or what we do.. Right?" I turned left and reached Ben's street.

"People can be so... Nosy.." Jay sighed and I laughed quietly. Yeah, they wouldn't be if one certain gentlemen did not pull out that stunt few weeks ago at the bar and if he stopped acting like he owned me... Because that's what people saw. And it was all confusing me too.

"Yeah... Wonder why...?" I asked and parked my car behind Eric's. Jay laughed and got out from the car. I stood out and went to get my guitar.

"I mean.. I know it is not anyone's business what we do but... We get kind a lot of attention now because of the competition.. They are gonna ask stuff, you know.. And I don't know what to tell them anymore" I told Jay and closed the boot.

"Let them think what they want to... We have our own reasons" he walked to me and gently pressed his body against me. I let him kiss me more before we headed to the others.

Saturday's show was only few days away and after some long thinking we decided to perform Riot in Everyone by Crashdiet and 1x1 by Bring Me The Horizon. Both songs were great and everytime we practised 1x1 I couldn't stop thinking Joel's version of it. It was just amazing. His voice was beautiful and it could be fun to just sing it together with him, sometime, if we ever get that close friends. Things between us have just been weird and I don't really know how to move on with him. We had both pretty much witnessed each others low points, mostly mine but still. The thing that kept haunting in my mind were Niko's words about Joel hearing something that made him worry. Yet no one tells me nothing. Only one who has expressed his concerns was Eric after I had enough of his childish behaviour. And I have the feeling that Joel is thinking the same. Probably he had a chat with Eric and he managed to plant that idea into Joel's head too. Jealousy-jealousy?

After the practice we all went our own ways. Well I gave Jay a ride but he had a long day behind so we decided not to do anything tonight. That of course did not rule out the steamy make-out session in my car. Just like when I picked him up, he pulled me into his lap over the gearbox again. His hands wondered under my shirt and I couldn't help but wish that we could take this to the bedroom, but I didn't want to push him, especially seeing how tired he really was.