Forty Three

"He testified against me, his father!" Mr. Park growled.

"What's the use of raising kids these days when all they'll do is stab you in the back"

Hana didn't say anything and this immediately caught Park Han Soo's attention.

"What's with you? Why aren't you saying anything?"

Hana sighed. "I'm just worried. Nothing is going well. The fact that a child can testify against their parent makes the situation look bad for us plus the people's testimonies. We're at a disadvantage"

"They'll probably give Taehyung a minor sentence and open a fresh new case against us"

She looked ruffled, unlike her calm self.

"Are you losing faith?"

"It's not that... it's just"

"Court is back from recess!" A loud voice yelled. The Judge entered and the trial began again.

"I'll like to listen to your closing statements," The Judge said.

The Park's Lawyer stood up and began his closing statements. "The sentimental words of these naive citizens should not move you, your honor. It is clear as day that Kim Taehyung aka V is nothing but a hooligan disguised as a hero for the masses. He deceived the people just so they could become his tool in his mindless quest for revenge against an upstanding citizen of this town Mr Park Han Soo who among others has been his constant Victim"

"I hope you can put all sentimentalities aside and judge this case fairly"

He returned to his seat while Jin stood up. He raised his phone immediately wearing a wide smile on his face.

"An outstanding piece of evidence has reached me, your honor. Evidence detailing all of Mr. Park's crimes. Money laundering, tax evasion, blackmailing, and most importantly, Murder!"

The entire crowd was in an instant uproar.

"Objection your honor!" The prosecutor shouted, standing up and looking alarmed.

"This evidence wasn't included in the list"

"It was just sent by anonymous. I grant that there be an exception!" Jin said.

The Judge was silent, looking thoughtful before he spoke.

"You may proceed," He said. He received the phone from Jin and began to scroll through it. After some time, He calmly removed the glasses stuck on his nose looking shocked at what he was seeing.

"Can I play a recording from the phone, your honor?"

The Judge nodded his head. "You may," He said

The phone was immediately attached to the loudspeaker in the Courtroom and soon after, Mr. Park's voice was heard. Talks of him instigating murder were heard.

"Who did this?" Mr. Park shouted in extreme rage. He was totally confused, looking shocked.

The crowd whispered among themselves. Jimin sat looking at his father with pain in his eyes. He could only sit and hear all the terrible things he had done

Then the last record was played.

"Did it go as planned?"

"Yes sir. The Kims are dead just as you instructed but we weren't able to find any evidence"

"It doesn't matter. It's good enough that they are dead. Burn the whole place up so there'll be little to no evidence left"

"I hope no one saw you. What about their kid?"