Twenty one

There was a dangerous flu called the Red flu spreading throughout the town mostly dominant at the impoverished areas due to the fact that the people living there couldn't afford drugs to treat themselves. As a result, casualities occurred.

As a doctor, Jimin was having a hard time trying to contain the disease. There were numerous patients coming in and out of the hospital, most of them suffering from the red flu. The symptoms mainly included tiredness, dizziness, headaches and fever. If not immediately treated, a person could die. It was easily transferrable so the patient has to be isolated to prevent the spread of the disease. The number of patients increased everyday and Jimin was in dire need of support so Taehyung assisted by supplying drugs, medications and anything else he needed.

The disease continued to spread for a period of three weeks till it began to fade away and people started getting better after a cure was found. One day, Jimin walked into his office exhausted. Taehyung was waiting there with a cup of coffee. On seeing him, Jimin was surprised because he hadn't anticipated his arrival. Things were very hectic at the moment.

"Taehyung, what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to stop you. You need rest Jiminah. You've been overworking yourself these past few weeks"

Jimin sighed as he took the coffee from his hand. "if I don't, who will? We don't have that many doctors here and these people need as much help as possible"

Taehyung nodded. "I understand Saint Jimin" He said with a slight hint of sarcasm in his voice before he continued "Still, you could break down at any moment"

Jimin shrugged "Okay, thanks for your concern but I'll be fine" he said. He was walking to his desk when he suddenly stumbled. Taehyung quickly went over to him and held him by the shoulder.

"What's wrong?"

Jimin shook his head. "Nothing... I've just been feeling unwell since this morning"

Taehyung frowned. "Did you eat?"

Jimin shook his head and the latter frowned. "If I'm not around, you'll definitely starve yourself" he said. He looked pretty angry making Jimin feel guilty.

"Sorry!"

"It's okay. Make sure you never skip your meals from now on"

Jimin nodded smiling faintly but then he stumbled again, holding his head.

"I don't feel so good" he whispered. Taehyung stared at him, worry etched on every corner of his face.

"I feel so cold" he muttered again hugging his body.

"Jimin..." Taehyung whispered and the next second, the other had slumped, falling straight to the ground and almost hitting his head on the marble floor. Taehyung immediately held him to stop his fall and laid him on the couch. Jimin became unconscious and it really rattled Taehyung. He began to suspect that Jimin had contracted the red flu. Fear seized him but more than that was anxiety. He quickly ran outside and siezed the first nurse he laid his eyes on.

"Do you know of any other doctors close by? Jimin has fainted!"

The woman suddenly took action and ran to get the other nurses. They made a few calls and within some minutes, a man dressed in a trench coat was rushing inside the hospital. Taehyung immediately knew he was the doctor he had requested for and went over to him. They shook hands.

"What's the problem?" The doctor asked.

"Please come inside. My..."

He cleared his throat nervously before he continued. "Boyfriend fainted. He doesn't seem well"