Seven

Earlier that day before their meeting, Jimin was in the kitchen with Nanny Ji hye when Jungkook passed by and inhaled the strong scent of the dumplings he was preparing. He was all dressed up and would have left if Jimin hadn't called him back.

"What?" He said rolling his eyes.

"Come have some before you leave. You seem to be in a hurry these days. What have you been up to?"

Jungkook slowly walked into the kitchen. "Nothing much. Just trying to relieve some boredom"

Jimin dished out some dumplings onto a plate. "Here have some"

Jungkook took a bite and looked quite impressed. He finished the plate of dumplings in an instant but raised his nose in the air "It's just okay" he murmured.

Jimin laughed. He already knew it was good but his brother would never admit it.

"You seem to like it. I'll pack some for you. You can share it with others" he said and quickly packed some for him while Jungkook waited.

"Why are you cooking dumplings anyway?" He asked

"It's for the kids at the center. Most of them don't have parents so when they get sick, there's no one to look after them or feed them"

Jungkook scoffed. "So you're doing this out of the kindness of your heart? How saintly"

He eyed him. "But I'm curious  How are you going to make money like this?"

Jimin smiled "You know it's not for the money. I'm just trying to help out in my own small way"

Jungkook shook his head looking irritated. "Really? What a hypocrite"

Jimin gasped. Jungkook continued "You talk shit about Dad and his method. Yet it's with his ill gotten money you used to build the hospital and take care of the patients"

Jimin felt his eyes burn with unshed tears "That's not true. That money belongs to the people"

Jungkook snorted"Keep telling yourself that. Maybe one day, you'll actually believe it"

He shook his head " Look at you. always trying to make yourself the good one. You have no idea how disgusted that makes me feel" he blurted out

"Kookie, that's enough!" Nanny ji hye yelled.

"What? It's true. I'm sick and tired of his self righteous attitude, acting like he's better than everyone else"

Jimin's lips trembled. "No... that's not it..."

"Yeah...again, keep telling your self that" Jungkook repeated. He frowned hard, grabbed the packed dumplings and walked out.

Ji hye min puffed out air. "Yah...that boy is just too rude. He hasn't changed one bit"

Jimin tightened his fist. "But it's true though. It's still my father's money that covers the costs at the center. That's something that I don't want but I have no other choice"

Nanny Ji hye stroke his shoulders. "That doesn't matter. The bottom line is that you are doing a good thing. Don't let what Jungkook said get to you"

Jimin nodded determinedly. "Thank you nanny. I'm used to Jungkook by now so it doesn't hurt anymore. Let me get going now. I'll also stop by my special place to take some pictures"

"You do that"

He packed the remaining dumplings and left the kitchen.

**********
Taehyung returned to his home later in the day and met Jungkook waiting for him. His chest was left bare as he was sauntering around the house in nothing but boxers.