Twenty five

When Jimin returned to the mansion that night with tears in his eyes, Nanny Ji hye knew something had gone terribly wrong. But she let him be. She didn't bother to ask him any questions until the next morning when she discovered Jimin wasn't ready for work. She knocked on his door several times till he finally opened it.

"Jimin, what happened to you? Why aren't you ready for work?" She asked with eyes wide open.

Jimin shrugged. "I don't think I can go to work Nanny. I feel so bad and I don't want the others to notice my mood"

He sat on his bed, his eyes red as he looked up at the cieling in a melancholic manner. Nanny Ji hye watched him carefully. She felt her heart ache just seeing him in this state. She had loved to see him full of life and energy in recent days but it seemed like he had returned to his former self. She could only think of one reason.

"Did Taehyung hurt you?"

Jimin didn't answer. Nanny Ji hye could sense she was right. "What did he do that made you this sad"

Jimin heaved heavily shaking his head. "I blame myself for being too careless. I was blinded by his kindness and I made myself believe he was sincere about me. I hated that I couldn't reciprocate his feelings so I dived right in and put my heart on the line. I didn't know but i allowed myself...."

He gulped. He found it hard to speak and Nanny Ji hye squeezed his shoulder gently to aid him. He finally took a deep breath and continued.

"I allowed myself to fall in love with him"

Nanny Ji hye smiled bitterly.

"I only found out yesterday when I caught Taehyung and Jungkook kissing!"

Nanny Ji hye gasped. "They were what? He has no respect. He's dating you yet he kisses your brother? Where they having an affair?"

She was breathing hard and her face was flushed. Jimin didn't want to fuel her anger more so he kept Jungkook and Taehyung's affair to himself.

"They used to have a thing. They were lovers before Jungkook married and I was aware of it"

Nanny Jihye felt terrible. "Oh Jimin... that's horrible. How could they?"

" It's my fault. In the past, I wouldn't have cared that much seeing them kiss but yesterday, when I saw them, I just couldn't handle it. It felt like I couldn't breathe. My heart was breaking into several pieces. It was then that I realised how I truly felt and I hate it...because I let myself love him"

He scoffed and mimicked "We are two lonely souls whose hearts were broken by people we loved the most. We should try to seek comfort in each other"

He spat. "what a load of nonsense. I should have known. I just let that man play me"

He took a deep breath. "He and Jungkook deserve each other. I don't want to be the one trapped in between them so I'm going to cut all ties with Taehyung"

"What about your father?"

"I don't care! My feelings matter more. Even if he threatens to disown me, i wouldn't budge. There's no way I'm going back to Taehyung. I deserve so much better than a sly cunning two faced man who's ready to hurt others just for his own self interest"

Jimin's eyes sparked with anger and decisiveness. "I'm going to get rid of these stupid feelings I have for him. I'll make sure I do"

Nanny Ji hye knew that Jimin was speaking out of a place of hurt. There's nothing she could do to help him. She knew that Jimin was serious about cutting ties with Taehyung because he was extremely stubborn and always carried out what he set out to do.