Thirty Four

There was a stale smell and a heavy stench in the room where Jimin, Jin and Yeontan were thrown in. Before they were kept here, they had met the leader of the group that had kidnapped them. The man Mamoose smiled toothlessly and stared at the ring on Jimin's finger.

"You must be V's spouse" He said.

"I knew it the minute I laid eyes on you"

Jimin scoffed. "What the hell do you want? Why did you kidnap us?"

"It's nothing personal really" Mamoose replied.

"I was warned specifically not to harm you but I don't know about harming the others"

Yeontan gasped and Jin stiffened.

"Don't hurt them" Jimin whispered in a soft voice.

"It all depends on how V cooperates"

Jimin sighed. "What do you want?"

"I want your husband's life" Came the blunt reply.

"There's someone who wants him dead. There is even a huge bounty on his head and I can't disaapoint the person who got me and my men out of that hell V put us into"

Jimin stared at the man with pity "What do you plan to gain? Do you think you'll go scott free for killing him? There's bound to be repercussions"

Mamoose scoffed nonchalantly, rolling his eyes. "Please...spare me your sentimental speech. I don't care about that. Hastily prepare yourself to become a widower"

"Take them away!" He shouted.

Some guards appeared and dragged them off to a dark cell. Now, here they were, full of dread and apprehension.

Jin remained quiet, immovable as though he was concentrating on something while Yeontan was fretting.

"Doctor Angel, what are we going to do? Are they going to kill us?" Yeontan cried.

Jimin shook his head and stroke the boy's hair fondly.

"Don't worry. We'll be fine. Let's hope Taehyung will find us" He said, trying to act tough, even though deep inside he was extremely anxious.

Inside the cell with them were three women, all pregnant. However, one of them seemed to be heavily pregnant and ready to give birth at anytime. She looked very frail and was shivering violently while the other two tried hard to comfort her.

As a doctor, Jimin couldn't ignore the woman's situation so he headed towards her and looked at her worriedly.

"What's wrong with her?" He asked one of the women.

"She's very ill. It's been more than a week now. We've been begging these heartless men to take her to the hospital but they just left her here to die"

Jimin shook his head. "Why's that?"

The two women shared eye contact. One of them lowered their heads, tears stinging her eyelids as she rubbed her swollen stomach.

"They want our babies" She said.

"They want to sell them off"

Jimin was alarmed. Disgust filled him to the brim. Jin who had been silent all these while was affected by these women's words. He immediately spoke

"Why do they want to sell your babies?" He asked.

The other woman sighed heavily. "Our husbands were traders at the market. Mamoose and his men offered to protect the market for a very high price. A price we couldn't afford. Anyone who refused would be killed"