Thirty Nine

Kim Taehyung was no longer wearing his wedding ring. Instead, he was twirling it between his fingers as numerous thoughts passed through him.

"V, you look like someone died," His inmate said. A man with a rough look and an incomplete set of teeth.

Taehyung didn't answer. He didn't have the strength to speak. The man spotted the ring he was holding and sighed.

"Marriage problem eh?"

He shook his head. "You can't trust them when you're stuck in here and they are out there"

Taehyung was confused. "Who are you referring to?"

The man snickered "Our spouses. Our other half"

He looked down. "Everything was all good until I got locked in here for selling drugs. I got twenty years"

"Two years after I got imprisoned, the Mrs came by, told me she couldn't stay married to me anymore. Told me she had reunited with her former flame. That good for nothing..."

He stopped himself from cursing and sighed. "Bottom line is she divorced me, took our only son away to go live with another man. Haven't heard from them in eight years"

Taehyung clenched the ring tightly in his hand. "Jimin wouldn't do that to me!"

The man laughed. "Sure he would! Nothing lasts forever. Not even love. It gradually fades. When it does, What more is left"

He nodded his head. "For men like us, Love is hopeless! I suggest you prepare for the worst"

Taehyung struggled so hard to hold back his tears. The thought of Jimin leaving him for some other man not just Yoongi made him completely unstable.

It was at this point that the jailer appeared.

"Mr. Kim, there's a visitor here for you!"

"Who is it?" Taehyung asked, hope shining in his eyes.

"A new face. I've never seen him before. He looks very young and handsome"

Taehyung was filled with hope as he walked out of the cell and followed the jailer to the waiting room but he paused in his stride when he saw who it was. It wasn't Jimin. It was Jungkook. Immediately, his entire mood went sour at seeing him. He sat opposite him.

"What are you doing here?"

Jungkook smiled. "I'm hurt. You don't look happy to see me!"

Taehyung sighed. "Just leave. I don't want to see you"

He stood up to walk away but Jungkook's sultry voice stopped him.

"I'm the only one who can get you out!"

Taehyung turned to stare at him looking confused and at the same time curious

"What are you saying?"

Jungkook smirked. "I'm the only one on your side V. You've heard about Jimin haven't you?"

"How can I believe you! While we were in a relationship, all you ever did was a lie. I didn't even confront you about how you impersonated Jimin just to make me fall harder for you"

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Alright, fine. I told a white lie. Who hasn't lied before to get what they want but that isn't important now"

"What's important is I can get you out but on a condition"

"What's that?"

"You'll run away with me!"

Taehyung nearly laughed "You're crazy. Have you forgotten? I'm married"