Forty

It was early the next morning that Nanny Ji hye took Jimin to meet Sara. She was an old single woman who had adopted many orphans as her children. Her act of Charity made her well beloved in the community.

When she saw Nanny Ji hye and Jimin standing in front of her door early that morning, her face was filled with happiness at seeing her old friend again after so many years.

"Ji hye!" She exclaimed.

"Sara" Nanny Ji hye answered embracing the woman tightly.

"It's been so long. Come in! Come in!"

She ushered the both of them inside the house. Ji hye immediately introduced Jimin to her and the woman looked at him with big round eyes.

"Jimin? Roo mi's son?" She stared at him with mixed emotions in her eyes as she held his hands.

"You definitely don't remember but I used to carry you a lot when you were just a baby"

"Your mother and I were very close. It's just after she died and your father remarried that Jezebel, I couldn't keep in contact with you. I'm sorry that I got too busy"

"It's okay" Jimin answered with a small smile.

"I hope you're doing fine"

Jimin simply hung his head. Sara noticed his sad disposition and stood up to serve them tea. Nanny Ji hye spoke up. "Actually Sara, that's why we are here"

"We need your help!"

"Go ahead, I'm listening" Sara said as she busied herself in her small kitchen.

Nanny Ji Hye continued"Sara, I heard that you usually go personally to deliver food to prison inmates every month"

Sara nodded. "That's right"

"Jimin's husband is locked in there and we need to sneak Jimin inside so he can see him"

The woman paused for a while looking deep in thought

"So you swing that way?" She said with a teasing smile. She then  returned to  them and served tea. After a while, she looked concerned.

"But why do you have to sneak into the prison just to see him?"

Jimin and Nanny Ji hye looked at each other for a moment before the latter explained the whole thing to Sara. Sara shook her head.

"This is really bad. You are in a very dicey situation right now"

Nanny Ji hye sighed. "That's why we are here. I know you give Prison inmates food supplies every month"

Sara nodded her head. "That's right but I just donated last week. It would be odd for me to visit the place again"

Nanny Ji hye held her hands strongly.

"Please Sara, you're our only hope. There must be something you can do for us"

Sara sighed and peered closely at Jimin.

"Of course I will help but we have to ensure that Jimin isn't discovered or the plan will be ruined"

She smiled smugly. "And I have the perfect disguise"

Suddenly, she noticed Jimin's pale skin.

"You don't look good son. I think you should go to the hospital"

Jimin shook his head. "I'm fine. My health doesn't matter now"

Sara simply shrugged after hearing that.
***********

Jimin followed the old woman carrying a bag filled with provisions and foods. His head was bent low and the long wig he wore covered his face. He smoothened the dress with one hand and took a deep breath as they both stopped in front of the jailer who few seconds ago looked deadly bored.