Twenty six

Jimin was beaming from ear to ear as he stared proudly at the ring on his finger. He couldn't believe how things had changed in a matter of hours. Some time ago, he had loathed Taehyung's presence, determined not to have anything to do with him again but here he was grinning from ear to ear at being engaged to him.

"It looks nice. Where did you get it?" Jimin said staring at the glistening golden ring with a green jewel fixed at the middle

Taehyung grinned. "You don't wanna know"

Jimin wasn't satisfied with his answer. "What do you mean? It can't be that expensive"

"That's a thirty carat gold ring"

Jimin gasped. "What the hell..."

Taehyung nodded blankly. Jimin was flabbergasted. He was wearing something that expensive in his finger. He proceeded to pull it out but Taehyung stopped him.

"What are you doing?"

"I can't be seen wearing something that expensive on my finger"

Taehyung chuckled. "Don't be too modest. I want you to flaunt it off so everyone can know how much I spoil you"

Jimin smiled uneasily. "I understand Tae but remember I'm not the materialistic type"

Taehyung nodded. "I know that but please don't refuse me if I want to spend on you. It doesn't matter what you do with the things I get you. I just want to lavish you with things"

"More than expensive gifts, I'll cherish spending time with you more"

Taehyung inwardly smiled. Jimin was a keeper. He wasn't moved by expensive things. He didn't care about what he gives to him. All he wanted was Taehyung. His heart was filled with emotions. He suddenly reached out and pulled Jimin in for a hug squeezing him tight.

"Yah... you're nearly suffocating me" Jimin murmured into Taehyung's chest

Taehyung softened his hug so Jimin could breathe more freely then he kissed his forehead before flashing him a smile.

"You are different from everyone else I've ever met. I'm glad"

Jimin shook his head. "You are so sappy"

He looked at the engagement ring and sighed with a smile. "Okay then, I'm keeping a thirty carat engagement ring on my finger. No biggie"

Taehyung was finally satisfied. Jimin suddenly grabbed Taehyung's hand. "Come with me to my house. I have to tell Nanny the good news"

There was a secret tunnel leading to the Park Mansion. The two men came through the tunnel and stopped when the huge building was before them. Jimin was already giddy with excitement as he led Taehyung inside the house. There was no problem with him bringing Taehyung to the mansion since they were officially boyfriends.

When both men entered the house, it was strange to see Nanny Jihye was right in front of them. She glared angrily at Taehyung and the latter could feel the animosity coming from her side. She turned to face Jimin with a questioning gaze.

"Just what on earth is happening here? Just last week, you couldn't even stand this man so why now are you two together?"

Jimin slowly came up to the woman. "Calm down Nanny. Let me explain everything"

He told her what transpired and Nanny Jihye stared at Taehyung with surprise.

"I can't believe this. The world is indeed a small place. Is this coincidence or fate? You are the same boy from twelve years ago? The same boy we found in the middle of the road nearly dead?"