Seventeen

She climbed the stairs, a scarf placed securely over her head to hide her face. She stopped in front of an old wooden door and knocked. A grave hollow voice sounded from the other side. It took a matter of seconds before the door opened. A middle aged man with long white hair stood in the middle of the dimly lit room smiling strangely at the guest that had entered.

"Welcome my love" He said.

The woman scoffed and reached for the scarf covering her face. She threw it onto the couch and walked up to the man wearing a smile on her face.

"I've missed you" She whispered and hugged him tightly brandishing a wet kiss on his lips.

The man frowned and pushed her away from him.

"You miss me? Yeah right... Yet you're always super cuddly with that damn old man at the mansion"

The woman laughed hugging him tightly. "Are you jealous?"

No reply. She stepped away from him and began to slowly remove her jewelries as she spoke.

"It's all part of the plan you know. I'm married to him so I have to play the dutiful wife. it's only for the time being. Please be more patient. Things will change very soon" She smiled and began to undo her clothes very slowly. The man sat on the couch and watched her with a lustful gaze.

"How's the company?"

She rolled her eyes biting her lips. "It's very bad. It makes me think that we may not be able to benefit from it after all. My son in law turned out to be useless. He can't do anything for us at all. It angers me that I'll have to keep pretending with that fool who calls himself my husband"

The man looked worried. "Isn't there something that can be done?"

The woman's face crumpled into dissatisfaction. "Didn't you see the man that came this evening?"

The man nodded. "Yeah...the wealthy looking man..."

"His name is Kim Taehyung and he's arguably the richest man in town. The old man is thinking of striking a deal with him. He wants to make him Co-ceo"

The man laughed. "Is that how desperate he is?"

"He is that desperate!"

The woman shook her head. "He wants to make the arrangements official by giving my step son to Kim Taehyung in marriage"

The man seemed amused "Jimin?"

"Yes Jimin!" Her voice was filled with anger. She stopped undoing her dress causing the man to groan.

"I don't get it. I laid out the best foundation for my child yet he's the one who gets the best of everything. We were living as mere outcasts. Slaving away, abandoned by that stupid old man. I had to bear being married to that poor sadist just so I could cater for Jungkook and I. If it weren't for you coming to our aid, it would have been hard to survive"

Her eyes grew blurry. "After that sadist died, we came up with an air tight plan which worked amazingly well. Till this day, that stupid fool thinks that his wife was murdered by robbers. He has no idea that we killed her..."

She laughed scornfully. "He finally brought us to live in this house and one look at that boy, I knew he was going to ruin everything"

"We can still get rid of him you know"

The woman widened her eyes "Are you crazy? It will arouse suspicions. If it were that easy, I would have killed him a long time ago. That's a bad idea"

The man sighed. "So, what do we do now?"

The woman resumed undoing her dress causing the man's breath to hitch.