Thirty Five

Park Han Soo was severely agitated when he got back home from work. He was overcome with anger and he still found it hard to believe what he just discovered.

That morning, he had wanted to make a decision regarding the company's branding and marketing. He was waiting for Taehyung to get back from his honey moon trip with Jimin but the latter was going to be gone for two months. He couldn't wait that long so he decided to make the decision himself.

He called for a meeting with the other shareholders and told them about his decision to rebrand their image. They all agreed but one of them pointed out that they couldn't make a decision without Taehyung.

Park Han Soo was annoyed. "Why is that? Last I remembered, I'm still the majority share holder"

They all looked at each other with confusion.

"I'm sorry but you're not the majority shareholder. Some time ago, majority of us sold part of our shares to Mr Kim." One of them said.

Mr Park blinked his eyes repeatedly in shock. Cold sweat spread over his skin.

"What?"

The he broke into nervous laughter "Is this a joke?"

Silence. No one dared to look him in the face. He was seething with anger and clenching his fist tightly. When he saw no one was responding, he exploded.

"Why don't you all say something?"

"Why did you give him your shares?"

Again, no one spoke for fear of exposing their dark secrets. Mr Park still found it hard to believe. He summoned his secretary to get him all the copies of the company shares which she did and when he saw the evidence right in front of  his face, he nearly collapsed from the shock.

Kim Taehyung actually took over his company. He bought majority shares and could be considered as the owner of the company while he a mere figure head.

No! He couldn't wrap his head around this. Why? Why did he stab him in the back like this? He acted as though he wasn't interested in his business only to sneak behind him to take over his empire. He had worked blood and sweat, sacrificed his conscience just to build this company and now, just like that, it was snatched away from his grasp by a man he trusted. By a man he allowed to marry his son. Someone he had allowed him into his family.

Silence prevailed. It was like no one dared to breathe.

"Traitors! How dare you all stab me in the back like this after all I've done for you?" He yelled.

One man shrugged "it's just business sir"

Mr Park exploded. "Just business? This is nonsense!...."

" This isn't over. Mark my words!"

He stormed off, clearly in a terrible mood. As he drove back to his mansion, his wife's words kept haunting him.

"How much do we really know about our new son in law Han Soo? How much?"

When he returned home, he remained in his car thinking to himself. An hour passed before he decided to get out of the car and head into the house. He had asked Wang Joon to find out everything he could about Taehyung. Till now, he hadn't received any news.

He entered the house and found his wife and Wang Joon in a deep conversation.

"What are you two doing?" He asked staring at them intently.

Jeong Hana smiled as soon as she saw him.

"Yeobo, you're home" She said lightly then paused upon seeing his downcast expression. She slowly walked towards him and smiled.