Twenty three

Jungkook looked at the other side of the room where his husband sat on a chair, his head bent as he looked into his desktop computer. Lately, he had been behaving strangely. Acting violently, rudely and talking harshly to him.

Due to the rapid spread of the red flu disease, he hadn't been able to move an inch away from the house and Yoongi was not helping matters. He had been stuck at home with him all day. Sometimes, he was very affectionate towards him, making rarely sweet love with him but at other times, he was very cold pushing him away when he so much as tried to get close to him. Jungkook was confused because he couldn't predict Yoongi's behavior. He didn't know what caused this sudden change but truthfully, he didn't care that much. He was more interested in fulfilling his mother's plans.

Slowly and cautiously, he walked towards Yoongi and tapped his shoulder softly.

"Yeobo"

"Mmh?"

Jungkook gulped. "My mother invited us to have dinner with her tomorrow"

Yoongi barely nodded his head. "Okay?"

"She's inviting Jimin and Taehyung as well"

As soon as he said that, a dark cloud hung over their heads. Yoongi's countenance changed drastically. He clenched his fist tightly.

"Why did she invite them?"

Jungkook swallowed hard. "I don't know..."

"You must like it. You must like the fact that he's coming along" Yoongi murmured under his breath in a hoarse voice.

Jungkook choked. "What?"

The other man suddenly stood up, anger evident in his eyes. "We are not going!"

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to!" Yoongi yelled out loud.

Jungkook scoffed. "Excuse me? This is my mother we're talking about. Your mother in law. How can I cancel on her? What reason will I give?"

Yoongi was glaring at him and breathing hard. His eyes was filled with anger. Slowly, he came closer to Jungkook and the latter could feel the extreme pressure coming from him.

"You...Are you lying to me?"

"Yeobo?"

Yoongi wrapped his hand around his neck. He just placed it there without applying any pressure as he pressed a small kiss on his cheeks.

"I really hope I can trust you my love. You know how I feel about you don't you? You might not know but more than anything, I hate liars. I hope you aren't lying to me"

Jungkook stared at him a little scared of his behavior. His careless gaze was worrisome. Yoongi went on.

"I hope that all these is just my imagination. I hope to God it's not true"

Jungkook gulped unable to speak. He couldn't quite get Yoongi. The latter released his hand and shifted back from him, a small obviously fake smile appearing on his face.

"Fine! We'll go for dinner"

He walked away and Jungkook felt goosebumps appear on either sides of his arms. For a second, he had felt extremely scared. He didn't know what was going on inside Yoongi's head and he didn't intend to find out. He only hoped he would be able to break away from him as cleanly as possible.

*******

Jimin was very surprised when he received a text message from Jeong Hana to attend dinner outside the mansion. It was very odd of her to invite him to anything and he began to wonder what her true intentions was. He called Taehyung to inform him but Jeong Hana had already reached out to him so he had no choice but to attend the dinner even though meeting Jungkook was the last thing he wanted to do.