Thirty

The entire town had gotten wind of the emergency wedding between Jimin and Taehyung but no one knew the reason behind it. Many were happy about it but there were those who were pained by the news.

"You told them to get married?" Jungkook yelled after his husband had broken the bombshell to him.

Yoongi smiled smugly. "Yes and they both agreed to it. By this time tomorrow, the distance between you and Taehyung will be a lot wider"

He glanced at the saddened look on Jungkook's face and spat.

"Don't you have any shame left? Just look at you. It's so obvious what this piece of news is doing to you"

Jungkook tried to hide his emotions but it was so difficult. The thought of those two getting married made him feel like throwing up his breakfast. Yoongi's voice went on, tormenting him.

"Prepare yourself. We are going to give them a nice wedding gift. You're in charge of getting something for the soon to be newly weds"

His words went on and on and Jungkook could feel his sadistic intent. He could tell Yoongi was enjoying this very much. From nowhere, he managed to calm his emotions.

"Okay...I will do that. I will get a gift for them"

He looked at Yoongi. "But I need to leave the house to do that"

Yoongi smiled. "Please do. I won't stop you"

He seemed to be in a good mood and that was even dampening Jungkook's spirit more. He got ready and left the house. His purpose was to see his mother and speak to her. He needed to know her stance in this unfortunate situation.

But when he got to the mansion, the house was busy. Jungkook was confused as he saw that everyone was disorderly going in and out of the house. He didn't need anyone to tell him the reason.

He was standing at the front of the door looking on at the scene with a weak heart when Nanny Ji hye who was passing by caught sight of him.

"Kookie?" She chipped in and Jungkook rolled his eyes. He had never really liked the old woman. Though, she raised him and Jimin, she never hid the fact that Jimin was her favorite and all she ever did was scold him and try to change him.

She came closer giving him a bright smile.

"Did you come to congratulate your brother on his wedding?"

As if.

"No!" He said coldly. "I came to see mother. Where is she?"

Nanny Ji hye gulped. "She must be upstairs at the seating room with your father"

Jungkook ignored her and walked up the stairs. When he got to the seating room, he found his parents and Jimin laughing among themselves. He looked at his mother and noticed that her face was shining. They were even drinking champagne together.

He was suddenly reminded of the day he and Yoongi got engaged. This must have been the way Jimin had felt seeing his family rejoice over his misfortune.

His father suddenly spotted him.

"Oh Kookie, you're here. Come! Come"

Jungkook walked over to them. He looked at his mother but she didn't seem to pay him any mind.

"This is great. I was shocked when your brother told us the news but that's exactly what is going to happen"

"With this marriage, our family will reach new heights. All our problems are now over"

He pushed a wine glass into his hand. "Here drink. Drink and celebrate"

He poured champagne into the wine glass and Jungkook looked at it, repulsed and annoyed. He silently tugged on his mother's sleeves.