Forty Two

When the Parks discovered that the Judge they had planted to oversee the case was replaced with another one from the capital, they were all beyond themselves with shock. Added to the fact that the Judge had suddenly dissapeared, they were scared out of their minds.

"I had a feeling this was going to happen!" Hana cried.

"I underestimated them. I should have known they were going to do something like this" She added looking frustrated.

Everyone was talking and being on the edge except Yoongi who remained quiet. Park Han Soo stared at him noticing that something didn't seem right with him.

"Son, you look terrible. Are you alright?"

Yoongi nodded his head but didn't say anything.

"And where is Jungkook? I've not seen him in two days"

Yoongi remembered Jungkook who was lying peacefully on their matrimonial bed as if he was still alive. He had secretly sent away all the staff at his house with big fat checks in their hands so that no one would suspect what he had done.

He took a deep breath. "He's just not feeling well. Don't worry about him. He needs rest"

Hana wanted to say something but he cut her off immediately.

"As for this dilemma we're facing, It's true Taehyung is a criminal. We have evidence to prove that. The judge is impartial so if we provide him with such, he should be able to sentence Taehyung to some years in prison but that shouldn't be enough."

He clenched his fist tightly. "Because he would still come out"

"He shouldn't be allowed to live. That bastard should die"

The Parks stared at him. They could sense a very toxic energy coming from him. Hana narrowed her eyes.

"Yoon, are you sure you're okay? You seem stressed"

"Is there something bothering you? Did you have a fight with Jungkook?"

Yoongi clenched his fist tightly and spoke"You're right. I'm stressed and I need rest. I'll see you at the court tomorrow"

He left them immediately and they stared after him with confusion evident on their faces.

"Something doesn't seem right with that boy" Mr Park said. Hana nodded her head before smiling at him.

"Don't worry Honey. We are covered. There's nothing they will be able to find on us" She said.

Meanwhile Jimin, Jin and Hoseok  sat together to discuss about the trial taking place the next day.

"Apart from people's testimonies, we really don't have much against Mr Park" Jin said.

"But he has confiscated our goods and ships. That's more than enough evidence to prove our piracy operations"

"Taehyung was doing that for the good of the community..." Jimin put in.

"Those self righteous explanations don't count in court. The bottom line is he stole and he'll still be held accountable for it"

"All we need is one piece of evidence to prove Mr Park is a murderer, then the case will shift"

At that moment, they noticed Jimin become quiet, his face saddened.

Jin started. "Jimin... I..."

Jimin sighed. "I'm okay. I just feel really ashamed that's all"

He fumbled with his hands. "I hope this time, he gets his deserved punishment even if he's my father"