Poisoned Flower

Laena Tyrell understood why her queen's last name is a Stormborn upon the first few days of her stay at Dragonstone. The brewing storm with strikes of lightnings is quite different from the warm and sunny weather of Reach.

On a usual stormy night at the castle of Targaryens, Lady Tyrell was summoned by the queen at her war room.

"On a night like this, you came into the world." Tyrion Lannister reminisced as Laena stared at the silver long hair of the queen's back.

"I remember that storm. All the dogs in King's Landing howled through the night." Lord Varys added.

"I wish I could remember it. I always thought this would be a homecoming. Doesn't feel like home." Daenerys turned back and approached the war table.

"We won't stay on Dragonstone for long." Tyrion promised and the council started discussing the matters of war. It was obvious Daenerys feels frustrated with Tyrion's plan to win the war peacefully. Laena's face hardened hearing the Lannister suggesting peaceful conquest as she doesn't quite believe such thing is possible.

However, the meeting turned to an unexpected direction as Daenerys questioned the loyalty of Lord Varys whom Laena also found peculiar and hard to trust. It was quite amusing for the young Tyrell to see the queen interrogating the said spider while Tyrion Lannister tries his best to come for his defense. At the end, Daenerys extended her benevolence to Lord Varys after taking his word not to conspire against her if she fails the people. Laena Tyrell observed the exchange with a soft smile upon seeing the power and generosity of her queen.

"Forgive me, my queen. A red priestess from Asshai came for you." Greyworm interrupted the council.

Everyone headed to see the priestess in the throne room but Laena stood still. Daenerys halted her steps by the door and looked back at the rose, "Are you not coming?"

"I don't have quite an interest in priests, priestesses or anyone from any religion, your grace. My apologies." Laena replied as memory of her family tormented by religious bastards until their doom still hung around her neck.

Laena entered her chamber instead to see Ludwig already waiting for her.
"What news from King's landing?" Lady Tyrell rushed to pour herself a wine.

"Lord Tarly was present at Cersei Lannister's court. Ser Jaime Lannister offered him to be his ranking general and after the war is won..."

"Title of Warden of the South." Laena finished his sentence after taking a seat to enjoy her wine.

"We can attack Horn Hill before they join the Lannister army. Queen Daenerys's arrival is still a fresh news. They will need time to mobilize their army." Ludwig proposed.

"Battling with one of our vassal house is one thing. Attacking one of the great castles of Reach is another thing. If we have to shed blood, it must be on a battlefield." His lady replied decisively and took a sip from her wine. She knows as the Lady of the Reach, she must value the great history and traditions of the houses under her control.

"More importantly, I am interested in what Cersei told to those house heads to convince them to fight against dragons." Laena turned to her friend as she thought hard about the matter since the tale of Aegon Targaryen and his three dragon's conquest is well-known legend across the realm, enough to stir fear into the hearts of men.

"Her hand of queen said they are working on a solution." Ser Ludwig replied as it was the extent of information he received from one of Tyrell bannerman attended Cersei Lannister's court under the order of their Lady.

"How can one kill a dragon?" Laena questioned herself since she understands the importance of Daenerys's dragons on the war. If she was at Cersei's side, that would be her main concern because unsullied and the dothraki can be fought with armies while dragons are completely different issue.