Chapter 43

HELLO, LOVELIES! SORRY, I WENT AWOL, I RECENTLY MOVED AND I WAS FINISHING UP A SEMESTER THEN I GOT ACCEPTED TO CBU SO I WAS BUSY WITH THE CAMPUS TOURS AND ALL THAT. I AM ON THE LAST CHAPTERS OF THIS STORY AND ONCE EVERYTHING IS EDITED I WILL UPDATE THEM AT THE SAME TIME. THIS IS A LITTLE CHAPTER FOR THOSE OF YOU ASKING ME TO UPDATE AND I'M SORRY FOR KEEPING YOU GUYS WAITING. 

ALRIGHT... ENJOY!

***************************************************************

"Hey, dad?"

I looked up from my phone to look at Greg," Yes?"

"Where's Ali and bee?"

"They went back to the house because Bella forgot something; they'll meet us at the restaurant" I lowered my gaze back down to my phone but lifted them once more when I kept feeling his stare. "What is it?"

Greg looked out the window; his eyebrows furrowed," I have a feeling." That caught everyone's attention, they all looked in his direction, expecting him to say more, but he didn't. Silence filled the car, and it soon became too heavy that it was difficult to breathe, "Greg?" Santi looked at him with concern, "what kind of feeling?" Gregorio turned to look at us, and his expression made my heart drop.

"Eddie."

"On it," he took out his laptop and began typing away; I was hoping he would quickly stop and tell us they were on their way back, but his fingers never stopped. When he did, it would only last a second before he would type again, but every time his speed would pick up as if he was desperate to find the answer he wanted. When he finally stopped, we were all filled with suspense, hoping to hear a sigh of relief, but instead, he shot up, allowing the laptop to fall on the floor. Then, he stepped in between the twins and banged on the divider," TURN THIS CAR AROUND!"

I quickly picked up the laptop and saw that the car's tracker was still on but felt as my heart dropped when both bee and Alessia's were off. Every tracker that we had placed on them was off. They were nowhere to be found.

Please... No!

The driver quickly turned around; we all braced ourselves as everything inside fell on the ground. I kept my eyes on the screen as we got closer and closer to the red dot that was their car. The second we reached it, I threw the laptop down and got out of the car, running non-stop to reach the vehicle.

I checked every corner of the car, but they were nowhere to be found," BEATRICE! ALESSIA!" I yelled desperately as I continued to search for any clues that could help me find them. "This can't be happening! Please tell me this isn't happening!" I cried, but a sob got stuck in my throat as I saw a dark shadow on the ground. "No," I whispered.

"Dad, where are they?"Santi cried as he kept turning the car inside out with his brothers.

"Dad?" He repeated; since I didn't answer the first time, everyone stopped and walked towards me, but I heard their steps falter when they saw the shadow on the ground.

I'm scared

I could feel my heart pounding, and my hands clam up, I tried to step forward, but I couldn't... I didn't want to. "Dad, who is it?" Teo asked, his voice trembling.

The figure was too big to be Beatrice, and it was too heavy built to be Alessia, which leaves only one person. A sob escaped me as I began walking towards the body, the closer I got, it became clearer until I was able to see his face.

"Mike," I breathed out as I fell on my knees right next to his body. His eyes were open, and his hand was stretched out as if he was trying to reach someone during his last moments. My hand slowly reached towards the back of his neck and gently lifted his body until it was secure on my chest. I wrapped both my arms around him and let the tears out; the pain flowed throughout my body, making it unbearable.