Chapter 18

Alright my lovelies, this chapter is a bit longer than usual since I won't be able to post a second chapter this week. I have midterms so I will be studying, so savour this chapter hehe. I'm posting early since I will be studying all week!

don't forget to look at the next slide for a little hint before reading the chapter!

Trigger warning!!! I decided to place the warning in the begging of the chapter since I don't like having the random bolded words in the middle , so please be advised that there will be some triggering scenes. alright let's get to it! please listen to the song throughout the chapter, Enjoy!

******************************************************

Alessia's POV

Everything stopped, it was like everyone disappeared and the only two people left in this world were us two. What should have been seconds, felt like hours as we drove past him. He kept eye contact the whole time, blood pounded in my ears as my heart thudded inside my chest just begging to break through. The urge to run away filled my body, I shivered as it became difficult to breathe, my vision becoming blurry as every second passed by.

No...

I closed my eyes  tightly trying to calm down when I felt some weight on my legs, I slowly opened them to find bee looking up at me with worried eyes. Over the years, she has seen my panic attacks, especially after he had raped me. I was always strong but even the strongest have their breaking points, so she began to realize the signs I would show when my panic attacks began.

I slowly lowered my head onto her shoulder as she began to caress my head, we were long gone but I could feel her looking out the back window... staring at him.

"Vas a estar bien" (you're going to be okay), she whispered as I bit my lip trying to keep the tears in.

"Alessia", I took a deep breath before lifting my head but it was pushed down once more by a small hand.

"Alessia? Can you lo-"

"No, let her keep her head here", I knew she was looking over at Alessandro but thankfully he didn't say anything. Bee wrapped her arms around my neck and placed her chin on my head as she gently began caressing my hair.

Beatrice's POV

I looked over at dad, who gave me a pointed look, he hates it  when I say no to him but he looked more concerned on why Ali is resting her head.

He cleared his throat before speaking," do you know who  you fought today?"

"No", her voice was muffled but we were able to still hear her.

"Well as you know Mike has been undercover trying to put some gangs in their place, the man you fought today was one of their best fighters and I was going to have Greg fight and kill him".

Ali lifted her head and looked at dad with a confused face,"Was? I didn't kill him".

"You didn't physically kill him but since he lost to you, they are going to kill him for being weak and since I made sure to walk next to you with Alek, they know you are associated with me".

Oh, so that's why he was pushing through the crowd to be next to Ali. I thought he wanted to make sure she was alright...

She nodded and placed her head back on my  shoulder, I discreetly lifted two fingers and checked her pulse. I let out a sigh of relief when it was back to normal, she pulled me closer to her chest and remained there until we arrived home.