Chapter 37

Beatrice's POV

A small breeze flowed into my room, causing goosebumps to form on my skin, which resulted in shivers running down my spine. My teeth chatter as my body trembled from the cold air,"Ali..", I turned around to find some warmth but my heart dropped when I felt emptiness instead of comforting arms. My hand subconsciously patted around the bed, hoping to find some kind of skin contact but all I felt was the blanket.

My body quickly sprung up, my head moving side to side trying to locate Ali while my heart pounded against my chest, then I saw my closet door open. A sigh escaped my lips, as I let myself fall down on the bed once more.

'She went to practice', I reminded myself as my hand gently rubbed my eye, trying to wipe away any sleep I had left. After a few more minutes of looking up at the ceiling, I reluctantly got up and walked over to the bathroom. Once I finished showering, and brushing my teeth, I walked downstairs to eat some breakfast but the second my foot stepped inside the dining-room, I realized that I was the only one there.

"Where's everyone?" I mumbled to myself.

"Good morning, miss", a maid greeted me, as I sat down in my assigned chair.

"Good morning, how did you sleep?" the maid awkwardly chuckled as she set my plate in front of me.

"I slept well, thank you for asking", she gave me a warm smile, I nodded and stabbed a piece of pancake with my fork.

"By the way, where is everyone?"

"Oh, Mr. Rossi and the young Rossi's are all in the study, they've been in there a while".

"Oh okay, thank you", i quickly finished my breakfast, and picked up my plates but before i could leave the dining room, the same maid stopped me.

"Miss, please leave your dishes on the table, i'll clear them up for you".

"It's okay, i got i-"

"I insist", she kept eye contact with me until I finally walked back to the table, setting the plates down.

"Thank you so much", I sighed and gave her a small smile.

"It's my pleasure", she returned the smile and picked up the plates but only left after i was out the door and walking towards my dad's study. Before I knocked, I placed my ear on the door, and smiled when I heard everyone's voice.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

'Hmm? Do what?' I pressed my ear closer to the door.

"Hell yeah, i want the papers to go through as fast as possible and what better way than to do them together!"

"You're an idiot you know that", the person, who I identified as my dad, chuckled.

"So why are we still here? We finished everything else, do you lovebirds really need us for this", Greg groaned. A small giggle escaped my lips as I imagined him slumped over a chair, looking like he was going to die from boredom.

"You need to be more invested in this! It's not everyday where we are adopting a child into this family, especially if that child is Alessia!" Nico scolded him.

"Adoption?" they all turned to look at the door, dad's face paled when he saw me standing there.

"Mi amor..." he stood up and was about to walk towards me but stopped.

"Who are you guys adopting?"

"Bella", Nico stood up, "we are just having an adult conversation. Please, go play some video games, or some board games, here!" he began to nudge Greg's shoulder,"let Greg take you with Teo and Santi".