Chapter 35

I held her in my arms, looking down at her and finally being able to feel her, she's so small... so fragile. I tilted my head up, trying to keep the tears in, "Greg", I looked forward to finding my dad in front of me. His gaze turned down toward Ali, they softened as they watched the small girl in my arms.

"Give her to me", he extended his arms, but i turned my body away from him.

"No, she's comfortable here", my movement caused her to shift and open her eyes just slightly.

"And now she's awake", he took her and walked away.

"Dad what the fuck!"

He walked over to Mike, who had a hand over his bloody shoulder,"Give her to me".

"No, you're covered in blood", dad groaned as he walked by him.

"Alessandro, give me my fucking daughter!". Dad stopped, he gave Ali one last glance before turning around and walking back to Mike. He gently gave him Ali, Mike flinched when her arm touched his shoulder but he quickly washed off that expression to a serious one.

"Mikey", she whispered and it seemed like that was enough to push him off the edge. He dropped to his knees and cradled her body, allowing the tears to fall.

"I'm so so sorry", he cried. I watched as he buried his face in her hair, allowing every single regret to escape with each cry.

"I-is he gone?" her voice remained the same, a small whisper, as if she was afraid he would come hurt her if her voice was heard.

"Yes, that bastard is dead".

"Thank you Mikey", she wrapped her arms around his neck, they remained on the floor, embracing each other.

"Greg", I turned around to face my dad,"grab the chainsaw". He turned around to start walking away but one thought made me stop him.

"Dad?"

"Hmm?" he looked over his shoulder.

"Is he really dead?"

"Yeah, even though we didn't see his face that well inside, he bumped into some men and it caused him to fall and we took that chance and killed him".

"Did you watch him fall?"

"No, why?"

"Then how do you know it was him?"

"Because he was wearing the same shirt, and we were literally right behind him", he took a step towards me, grabbing my shoulder and giving it a small squeeze. "He's gone, and our girl is safe. Now go get that chainsaw because we are going to cut off every single limb and throw him in the ocean".

"Yes father". We all waited for Mikey and Ali to end their moment, he stood up with her in his arms and walked towards the car. We all got on a second one and drove home.

Bee's POV

"B-bee?"

I looked up to find Alene standing in my doorway,"yeah?"

"Are you mad at me?" he looked down, then slowly looked up at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Why would I be mad?"

"Because i c-called Ali, 'mommy'", I gave him a small smile, then patted the space next to me on my bed. His frown turned into a smile as he ran towards me, jumping on my bed, I moved a bit to face him. "I'm not mad", I grabbed his hands and gave them a reassuring squeeze," don't be sad okay?"

"I don't want to take your spot, i-i just want to be your brother", he looked down," i just want a family who doesn't hurt me or make me feel worthless.