chapter 8

I look around seeing people panic, and running around trying to get their loved ones out of the building.

Son of a-

I cut my thoughts short as I reached over for my phone then mentally sigh realizing that it was left inside my apartment after I ran out in a hurry. I was getting ready to turn back when I felt a hand on my shoulder, quickly turning back my fist already in the air, it was caught by someone. Tilting my head a bit, the hand holding my own belonged to Domenico, who was casually smiling at me.

"What are you doing here?", he looked at me then turned his gaze towards the apartment that was currently being extinguished by some firefighters.

"Looks like you need a place to stay", I looked at him for a second before two arms snaked around my waist lifting me up in the air.

"WHAT THE FUCK", I kicked the person in the balls but it seems they were expecting it because they were able to stop my leg. I threw a punch but that was blocked as well, they proceeded to throw me over their shoulder walking back to a limo.

"Nice ass", I tried holding in my laugh when I saw them tense up then tried to suck in their cheeks so that I couldn't see it anymore.

"STOP IT", the voice belonged to no one other than Gregorio. He opened the door and tossed me in causing my head to hit the floor.

"Hey!", he closed the door leaving me in the dark. I stayed there for a second before hearing a crunching sound, looking around my heart almost jumped out of my chest when I saw a figure sitting in the corner with a bag of chips and on their phone.

"Edmundo", he nodded and turned back to his phone ignoring me all together. I sighed and sat up on one of the seats when the door opened one more, Domenico came in with Gregorio following behind him.

"Why am I here? Just let me get out, I need to go rent a room at a hotel", I reached for the door but my hand was grabbed by Domenico. "You're going home with us, I can't let you live in some hotel when we have a perfectly good room ready for you", I looked at him confused on why he was being so nice to me.

"Yeah.... I am good. Just let me off he-"

"Just shut up and let us take you back to the fucking house. God! You're so annoying", my mouth almost broke off on how fast it fell.

Okaaaay what's his problem?

Everyone remained silent while Gregorio and I had a silent stare down, we eventually stopped when someone wrapped their arms around my waist once more then carrying me out of the limo.

"Ummm ever hear about consent? Or at least asking me if I want to be carried?", I looked down to see Edmundo shrugging then placing me on his shoulder. He continued to scroll on his phone, I tried to look behind me to see what he's always doing but the bitch tilted his phone. I let out a huff in annoyance, and remained quiet until we entered the home and were upstairs. He let me down, then left once more to go downstairs towards the kitchen.

"Come on sweets", Domenico appeared out of nowhere then casually grabbed my wrist and began dragging me long with him towards a room.

"Why can't you just let me go rent a hotel room", I rolled my eyes before I was pulled into a bone crushing hug.

Jesus! What's up with them?

" I know how the triplets look at you, I just want you to know that you have someone on your side. I don't want you out there alone, now that Beatrice has us", he held onto me tighter which eventually felt comforting but I had to pull away.

They are Bee's family, not mine.

"I'll just stay here for a night and leave tomorrow.... I assume this is my room?", he nodded before turning on his heels and leaving to his room. I let out a sigh and quickly checked on bee, when I opened the door her silhouette was on the bed along with another as they held onto each other as if their life depended on it. I was happy to finally see her opening up but at the same time, my heart began to ache knowing that my role in her life was disappearing. Closing the door slowly, my feet dragged back to the room where I was left alone with my thoughts and my demons.