Chapter 38

HELLO, LOVELIES! SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR A WHILE, FINALS HAD ME CRYING EVERY NIGHT BUT I PASSED! I'M ALMOST DONE WRITING AND EDITING THE FINAL CHAPTERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT. THIS IS A SMALL UPDATE, BUT DON'T WORRY I WILL BE DONE SOON! THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND ENJOY THE CHAPTER.

**************************************************************

Beatrice's POV

After the whole incident with the girl, Ali had become protective of me,  even more than usual. She would walk me to school, wait for me during my breaks, and would walk me back home. I felt bad because throughout those few days, she missed her ballet practice and I hope they don't take her solo part away from her. As my mind wandered, a sigh escaped my lips," what's wrong, miss?"

I looked down, making eye contact with a maid, who was fixing my dress for tonight's ball.

"Nothing, just nervous", she gave me a small smile and nodded.

"I'll make sure you're the prettiest princess at the ball", she clapped with a huge smile on her face then went back to my dress. There was a knock on my door," Come in", the door was opened slowly and Mike's head popped in.

"Hey there!" he smiled, closing the door behind him.

"You look rather dashing", I giggled as he posed, showing off his outfit.

"It's difficult being this attractive", he laughed, then began walking towards me with a box in his hand. He extended his free hand, giving me a small cloth.

"These are the necklaces you had ordered, you can inspect them and if there's something wrong then I'll send them back".

"Will they be done on time? I wanted them ready for tonight", I furrowed my eyebrows as I became nervous.

"They'll be ready, don't worry", a sigh of relief escaped me as I smiled at Mike.

"Alright", he opened the box and I gently picked one of the necklaces with the cloth, making sure my fingers don't dirty it. Carefully, I examined them, the design was done beautifully and it was well crafted. The colors and the lines of the butterfly wings were perfect and the flowers around the wings gave it a more vivid view. The initial of our last name was elegant, and the font made it even more graceful, a look befitting of our family. A smile rose to my face as I closed the box, and slowly took it off Mike's hand, he gave me a confused look as I gestured for him to bend down. Once he was the same level as me, I wrapped my arms around his neck,  clicked the lock, and fixed it quickly so it was in the middle.

"Perfect", the smile on his face grew wider as he caressed the necklace, admiring it.

"Thank you".

I smiled at him," No... Thank you for everything, I'm excited for what the future holds for us and I hope to have you by our side every step of the way".

He nodded, then placed a tender kiss on my forehead before excusing himself and leaving the room so that I could finish getting ready. The maid had stopped what she was doing, while I was with  Mike. Once he left she went back to fixing my dress quickly so that she could catch up on the time that was lost during the interaction. 

When she was done, she walked me to a vanity mirror and gestured for me to sit down, her hands flowed elegantly as she worked on my hair and added a finishing touch which was a tiara. A few minutes later, dad came in all dressed up in his suit, and with a smile on his face, he walked up to me and caressed my cheek.

"You are so beautiful, Amore Mio".

"Thanks, dad", I whispered, his soft smile showed affection as he extended his hands towards me and helped me stand up. My dress was an inch off the floor but thanks to the small heels, I was able to walk effortlessly, but I came to an abrupt stop and turned to the maid. "Please have someone bring the box a couple of minutes before the ball ends". The maid nodded and we continued our way downstairs where all my brothers were waiting.