Chapter 5

Beatrice's POV

There was this warmth on my eyelids, as I slowly opened my eyes they were blinded by the morning light. Silently wincing from the sting, I closed them once more and decided to open them again. The second time wasn't as bad but I felt my eyes go wide and my heart drop when I felt arms around my waist. Slowly my heartbeat began to rise, as I looked back trying not to wake the person up, I let out a sigh of relief when I realized that the person next to me was Ali.

I looked at her face and lifted my finger, carefully caressing her cheek just to make sure she was real and sleeping next to me. There was a big cut on her cheek, but I didn't dare to touch it because I knew it would cause her pain.

Who hurt you?

Having her in my life, I knew how much I wanted her to be next to me but never did I realize how much I needed her. Alessia has always been my protector but she was also my sister, my family and having her here makes everything complete. I didn't need a father or brothers, all I needed and wanted was sleeping next to me.

"Why are you staring at me?", my body slightly jumped as Ali spoke all of a sudden. I smiled as her eyes opened revealing comforting brown eyes.

Oh how I missed those eyes.

Ali's eyes always brought me comfort and security, with a simple glare she could intimidate anyone but when those eyes landed on me they would soften and look at me with a loving gaze. I cupped her face with both my hands and kissed the tip of her nose, she playfully scrunched her face and attacked me with kisses.

"Hahaha stop it!", our laughter filled up the room and it was beautiful to hear her laugh. I let out a sigh and looked up at the ceiling,"What's wrong?", my head moved to the side and found a worried expression on her face.

"I need to meet them, don't I?", I could feel my hands get sweaty and begin to tremble but they were steadied by her soft touch.

"Don't be scared, I will be with you the whole way but remember-", she stopped to think of a way to say it without making me worry but I already knew what was going to come out of her mouth. She will-

Leave eventually

"I will leave eventually".

The silence filled the room, slowly killing off the joyful aura that was floating around just a minute ago. I knew I would stay under this roof, because they are my family and their blood runs through my veins. Ali, on the other hand, was a stranger who has limited time here. We layed in silence but it was soon interrupted by the growling sound of my stomach, she chuckled and lightly tapped on my belly.

"Let's get you some food", but I stayed still not moving a single muscle.

"I'm scared", my voice came out in a whisper and slightly shaky. She gave me a smile that always calmed me down, the smile that ensured me everything was going to be okay.

"It's okay to be scared", I nodded then lifted my arms. With ease, she lifted me up and carried me to the bathroom. While she showered, I did my business then we both stood in front of the mirror brushing our teeth and pretending to be monsters as the foam from the paste filled our mouths. I grabbed a black shirt, and a light blue overall then tied my hair up in a ponytail. Ali lifted me up and placed me on the bed while she grabbed my white converse and gave them to me. While I tied my shoes, she changed into a new pair of gray sweats and an oversized black hoodie then looked for some black slippers because she was too lazy to dress up. Throughout the whole time we were changing, I kept glancing towards the cut on her cheek. Even though I was a trembling mess around people, seeing her injured made me mad and I would not hesitate yelling at the person who caused that.