Chapter 27

ENJOY MY LOVELIES!! 

**************************************************************

"Now?"

"Only if you want to, I can ask Bee to stay here with Alene and we can go somewhere else", she kept eye contact with me and it strangely helped me relax. Her brown eyes were calm and filled with kindness that just by staring into them, a wave of warmth spread through my body. I took in a deep breath before exhaling and letting go of my sweats from my tight grip.

With a small nod, Ali gave me a sweet smile and was getting ready to stand up but I stopped her, "I want you both to be present".

"Are you sure?", bee asked with concern.

"Yes, he's asleep so I don't feel uncomfortable", they both nodded and decided it was better to go sit on the small couch in the room. With both of them on each of my side, I felt protected and comfortable being surrounded by them and their warmth.

"You can start whenever you're ready"

"This happened four years ago-"

***

(play song)

There was this ringing sound, it was too loud and unbearable causing my head to pound harshly into my ears. The blood rushing, and the excruciating pain made me want to scream but all I could do was let out a muffled whimper. A head found its way to my neck, gently nudging me trying to get my attention, as I tried to open my eyes a small light was enough to blind me and force my eyes closed.

A groan escaped my throat, as my body desperately tried to find comfort in the position we were in, the head once more nudged me so I did my best to open my eyes. When they did, it took a minute for them to adjust but nothing could have prepared me for the scene in front of me.

Nico was tied up and had bruises all over his face, and a cut above his eyebrow that forced his eye closed. He was the one nudging me to wake up, I looked down and realized I was tied up too.

'Where are we?' was what I wanted to ask but it was muffled by the tape over my mouth. Thankfully, Nico got an idea of what I had just said but since he couldn't speak all he did was shrug his trembling shoulders. He tried his best to rip the tape from his hands but failed so instead he dragged himself and sat next to me. Leaning to the side, his pinky hooked with mine, his skin cold as ice from the fear that was spreading throughout his body.

A small movement caused me to jump towards Nico, begging for some comfort but when I looked over to my side, my heart dropped.

'Greg!' a small cry tried to escape my lips but the tape prevented it, he was slowly regaining consciousness but the sight of me and Nico tied up was able to wake him up in an instant.

"Mmhph!", he tried to speak but the tape over his mouth only allowed him to let out a muffled cry. His clothes were ripped apart, and his legs had many cuts scattered all over them. Both my brothers' injuries occupied my mind, that I hadn't even checked my own body for injuries. Greg and Nico pressed their bodies against mine, and as I slowly began to think about my own wounds, the pain finally surfaced. I looked down and to my horror, all my clothes were covered in blood and dirt. Since my hands were tied behind my back, I couldn't check my head but the wet sensation slowly making its way down my neck was the only affirmation I needed to know that whoever did this to us, had hit me on the head.

We remained quiet, the only thing that could be heard was the buzzing of the light bulb, and our loud heartbeats, letting each of us know that we were all scared out of our minds. I scanned the room we were in, even though we only had a small lightbulb it was enough for me to see the disgusting state this room was in. The walls were black from either dirt or mold but deep down I knew that there was a third option, dried blood. The bed we were on top of was old and the frame was already falling apart, we were sitting on the bed springs that were covered with blankets that were so thin, we were basically on pure metal.