Chapter 38

We decide it would be quicker if we traveled in wolf form. We put one outfit for each wolf in a bag. Plus attached a tent to each bag. The witches shrink everything that goes into their bag. Plus we added food in the two bags. The fairy  decided he would fly. The vampires doing their gliding. The vampires and the witches each have a backpack.  The vampires go ahead of us toward the town while we run along side the trail.

We got to the far side of the town and found no clue of any group passing here. They left no trail. We were still using my bracelet to follow my sister. We stopped and set up tents. While waiting for Judas and Nero to show up.

About sunset Judas showed up carrying Nero. He had an arrow sticking out of his leg. Charlene reaches down and pulls it out. "It's a lithium arrow stake that been coated with wolfsbane on the tip. Plus has streaks of silver in it. It been made to go after shifters or vampires." She sprinkles something on it and says, "now he needs blood."

Tia holds out her wrist to him, "take mine."

Nero replies, "I only drank animal blood."

She glares at him, "Well you need some blood now. Then one of these guys can go grab you an animal." He reluctantly drinks some of her blood and he starts to heal.

Now that he was healing Khan asked, "what happened?"

"Apparently Lyle and his group has been terrorizing the area for a couple months. The villagers hired hunters. One of them shot me with a lithium stake. I saw the stake flying toward me and dove to the side and it went through my leg instead of my heart. Judas lifted me up and led them away from where we knew wolves and our party was. He lead them toward Lyle's home. Then we doubled back. They should of attacked them if they continued that way."

He growls, "you knew where his home was? We are upside to trust you."

He hissed, "my allegiance is to my king and my beloved. Her allegiance is to you. Therefore I am also to you. My king sent us to watch Lyle because of rumors. We are part of King Nephius' guard."

King Khan glowers at them. "That I why you smell different. That is the main reason you were not killed. You did not smell like Lyle's followers. Instead your that old reprobate's group. Next time you talk to him tell him he better make the next supernatural council meeting. We have words to exchange for having you cross into our area without being informed."

Judas' eyes fog over and then he replies, "he said he left a message a month ago with windbags. He will make sure those left at Lyle's house is taken care of, so they cannot sweep behind you. He will take care of the hunters too. He suggest sending fighters to Lyle's house in the north. He has about 300 rogues gathered there to sweep down. He said take care of windbags who obviously hasn't been giving you messages."

We see King Khon eyes turn black and then eyes glazes over. A few minutes later a deeper voice says, "it done."

Joan touches his arm and he calms down. Jean looks puzzled at her sister and ask, "are you two mates? He calmed down when you touched him."

King Khan replies, "no, not mates. Yes, she calmed me, but no sparks and I don't smell her scent. Plus we spend more time fighting."

Judas then replied, I did learn before hunters got involved that about three months ago a group left their village after restocking. Hadn't been heard of since. Then two week later their village started having a bunch of members coming up anemic. Well a couple disappeared two weeks back and someone then contacted hunters. The hunters arrived this morning. I was heading toward Nero when I saw him get shot. I knocked the hunter out and grabbed Nero."

King Khan replied, "I think we need to get just a few hours and then take off."

Freya replies, "Jean and I will place an invisibility spell around our area. If you all stay within the border we won't be detected if any hunters come this way." She looks over to Alpha Sloan, "it will be similar to what we put around the cabin." She then looks at the king, "They can walk over us and not detect us, but you will be able to smell and see them."

He nods his head, "Do it."