Chapter 18

That night I woke up. It was about 4am. Darren asked me, "what are you doing up."

"I just need some fresh air. I grab my red poncho and just drape it over my head. I turn on my lantern and walk outside.

I just stare the way I know my sister is

I just stare the way I know my sister is.  Before I knew it, Darren hands me my backpack already packed. I turned around and everyone was there. Without saying a word I was handed a sandwich and then we all took off walking.  We walked for about an hour and saw the sun start to rise. We stopped at lunch time. I looked at Darren, "why did you not send anyone ahead of us today."

"We have Royal guards all around us. They are searching the areas and making sure it is clear."

We get about two hours down the trail when Mitch and Shelley spoke up, "the warriors said up ahead is an old coal mine with buildings. The king wants us to head there and meet him." He points toward a thin trail going upward.

I pull my bracelet off, "but that heads away from my sister."

"He said it is important and only half a mile off from here."

Mitch starts going up the trail and I give an exasperated screech and start stomping behind them. "It better be important."

When we go to the old miner town we had a warrior come up and talk to us, "I am to take you guys to the old jailhouse. The king wants you to see something." We followed him and as we got closer both Gio, Darren and I started sniffing the air.

We walked inside and the king was there. He saw us sniffing the air. He pointed to the three of us, "follow me." The others he said, "over to the side we set up a mess hall. Go grab a bite."
Then he turned and walked into the back of the old jailhouse.

I sniffed the air, "that smell is familiar."

Khon replied, "it smell similar to you, but not quiet the same."

Darren all the sudden called out, "that is my mate. My mate was here."

Gio said, "it does smell similar to you. Are you saying her sister was here?"

Darren replied, "my mate was here about 3-4 days ago. It is an older smell."

My eyes teared up, "she left this area before we left on this quest. I just missed her." I turned and buried my face into a chest and cried. It wasn't until I started calming down that I realized it was Khan holding me.

 It wasn't until I started calming down that I realized it was Khan holding me