Chapter 10

When I wake up I smell bacon and eggs. I look at my clock and realize it's 9:30 and sunny. I quickly get up and go toward the kitchen. Angela is in the kitchen humming as she cooks. I must of made a noise because she turns toward me, "good morning sleepyhead. Have a seat. I figure the smell of bacon would wake you."

"I don't remember ever sleeping this late."

"Guess having the stress of no Vomit exhausted your body. You needed the rest. Now is your special day, so eat up. After we eat we got spa treatment set up for you, ma and me."

"I can't I got to go find my sister."

"Alpha got our pack trackers on it plus many ally packs looking. No more talk about that subject until tomorrow. There will be a meeting tomorrow across the hall from you in the new cold case office." Across the hallway they turned the living room into a reception area/conference room. Then one bedroom is where the case files are stored.  The other bedroom is where the set up is for various cases. Last room is an office. The one walk in closet is their interrogation room and the second walk in closet they put a triple twin size bunk bed and lockers for personal stuff. Today Darren's dad is setting up the cases on boards. Plus will interview others to be part of the cold case team."

"They are actually making a cold case team just for me?"

"That was part of the construction yesterday. All the windows upstairs now have decorative bars. Yours is coated with nickel fairy dust and the cold case apartment is coated with silver."

"Bars in the windows. Won't that be like a prison?"

"Not really. They originally only did it over just the cold case apartment upstairs but Ma said it made the place look lopsided. She made them add some to your side too, but your side can swing out while their side is permanently attached." I finished eating. "Now go get dressed while I clean breakfast up."

When I came back Ma was there and wringing her hands. "Good morning Ma." Then I gave her a hug. "Is something wrong?"

"Oh no. Nothings wrong. Sit down. I wanted to ask you something." I sat down and started to get nervous watching her.

Angela finally got exasperated and said, "Ma, it's just a dress ask her."

Ma gave Angela a dirty look. "It is not just a dress. It was a dress your great- great-great grandma made in the old country. It is one that every girl in the family has worn when they had their celebration to adulthood. It's not just a dress. It's a dress I would like to see Joan wear when adopted and you to wear when you get your wolf." She then looked at her daughter and saw a big grin. She signed and smiled, "you tricked me into saying what I was going to ask her." She then turned to me and said, "last time that dress was worn was after I got my wolf. I was wondering if you would wear it for the wolf adoption. Then you can switch into your dress you bought for your birthday party."

"I would be honored to wear it. Can I see it? She then went and brought it from the hallway into the room. While she got that I ran and got the dress for my birthday party/adoption party.