Chapter 23

I laid in bed for those three days. I had already told my family and friends I was leaving. That I was going to follow Mrs W's letter. I had day four set up to visit the queen. Then would plan to head to the witch she would send me too. I had already decided I would do two years of training and would plan to turn 20 with my sisters at the castle. Then if I saw them again I would tell them my plan.

On my fourth day I got up and dressed in the formal dress to go to the king and queen. It was a high/low design with tulle layers in the lower half. Then a V-neck sequence top half with spaghetti straps.  The back was cinched up with ribbons. My younger sister was nice enough to cinch it. Then helped me apply my shimmery makeup. I just brushed my hair and left it down.  Since I was not going into the human world today I was able to stay barefoot.

When I went downstairs my mother gasped, "you look fitting for a visit to the castle

When I went downstairs my mother gasped, "you look fitting for a visit to the castle. I wish I could go with you, but I have arranged for your council you will need with you."

"My council?"

"There are etiquette rules you must follow. Your council must be a group of 7. They are in the living room waiting to be called forth. Now you go stand in the kitchen doorway. Your father will call your council forth then you. Watch and learn what to do. We have had them practicing while you were on bed rest."

Mom goes and sits in a chair that is on top of the table. Dad looks at me and says that is the throne." He then clears his throat. "Your Royal highnesses the daughter of Blade and Tatiana request to seek your guidance for a quest she seeks."

"Does she have council representatives that her herd approves of?," ask the queen.

"Yes your majesty."

"Then call them forth."

"Their herd has named this small group Jane's Frolic. The first representative of this frolic is Warrior Flodium." He walks in through the door wearing black leather pants, white silk shirt and blue jacket with a gold sash tied around this waist. He bows to the queen and steps to the side.  "The second representative is  Defensive Warrior Glendora." She comes in wearing an outfit like Flodium. She curtsy to the queen.Flodium steps forward and grabs her hand and she stands back up and she goes about 10 feet off to the side to stand. Flodium once again steps to the side. He then calls in Leona, Aliya, Breena and Tylen. I notice that my friends sashes are silver and not gold.  Flodium helps each girl when she curtsy but stands still when Tylen bows. They each form a line beside Glendora. Then dad says, "the final representative of this frolic is Hybrid Jane." I go forward and I do  curtsy. Flodium helps me stand up and then he escorts me to stand in front of my council. He stays standing beside me."

Mom stands up and applauds. "Very good."

I ask, "mom what do we do next?"

She smiles and says, "you will stand there until the king and queen addresses your council. There are usually several councils they call in. You wait your turn. You might stand there 5 minutes or all day. Now outside at the picnic table I have set up breakfast. Then I also made lunch and dinner for you. I put them in a bag and Leona will be able to call it forth when you are told it is meal times. I will say hurry and eat and be sure to go to the restroom then. You will be told how long each break is. You will need to be back in your place before then."

"Mom should I go dress in the same uniform as my council?"

"No, as leader you are dressed appropriately.  Once there if you have any questions ask it in link to Leona. She has the most knowledge about castle etiquette."

Flodium speaks up, "when they call us up follow the example of those before us. If they do something wrong Leona will link to us what is wrong. This way we don't make the same mistake."

I look at him and ask, "what if we are first?"

He smiles and says, "we wing it."

Leona smacks him on the head, "if that happens Flodium will grab your hand and escort you to stand at the bottom of the step. We will be standing behind you. Once we are all there I will link you all to do a head nod. Your head will stay looking at your feet until either the king or queen address us. When they do our head goes up and we look at the king if he addresses us first or the queen if she addresses us first. They will then ask who represents the council and since I have the most knowledge I will address them with your request. Which ever Royal speaks that is whom your eyes look at."

I ask, "do I ever talk?"

She replies, "very rarely. Do not be surprised if either says, "let us think on this. Then they ask someone to escort us out. They will take us to a council tool that will have 7 beds. We will stay there until called back out."

"So we need to pack clothes?"

"Already done. They are in the bag I will be carrying. They will bring us food and each night they will collect out outfits and clean them. Basically all we got packed is pajamas, one extra outfit in case we get called up before they bring back our clean outfit. From day 2 on you will wear the same outfit as us. Your sash as leader will be blue."

After we ate breakfast we headed to the mushroom to transport to the palace. The day went exactly as predicted. We were second to last group called before the King and Queen. We were assigned a council room to wait for the king and queen answer to my request.