Chapter 25

I packed a small backpack with a few clothes items, snack, lunch and drinks for our trip. I used the spell that Leona showed us that shrink things. We all said goodbye to our families. Then we transported to the nearest fairy village and started walking the rest of the way.

We were about 2 hours into our hiking when we were attacked by rogues and vampires. They killed Glendora first and Breena second. The rest of us took up defensive actions. Flodium, Tylen and Aliya were shooting arrows. Leona was throwing lightening bolts at them. I turned into a regular looking wolf and attacked them. We had killed about two dozen of them when we were hit with tranquilizer darts. The world went black.

When I woke up I noticed my friends and I were locked up in a jail cell. I saw Flodium and Aliya was awake. That Tylen and Aliya were still passed out. I saw our backpacks had been dumped but it looked like our stuff was still there. "What happened? Where is Breena and Gleno..." I stopped talking and tears filled my eyes when I remembered. "There gone."

I then went over to the bars and Flodium said, "don't touch them. They will burn you."

A tall man then walked into the room and looked at me, "hello which triplet are you?"

Leona looked at him, "we aren't triplets. We are Fae."

"Don't play dumb with me. She is family and I can smell she is hybrid," he said pointing to me.

I look at him and reply, "I don't know who my family was. I was adopted and the fairy queen cast a spell that had me believing I was fairy until I turned 18. Then the spell broke and I turned into a werewolf. I am not a hybrid. These fairies were escorting me to the Cedar Grove Pack for me to learn about my species when you attacked us. You must just scent the remnants of the fairy spell. I only turned just two days ago.

"Don't lie to me. We're you the first, second or third born girl?"

I looked at Leona. "Do you know what he is talking about?"

"No, I don't. I did not meet you Reecy until Kindergarten. No, I met you when your oldest brother,  Grayson started school. You were not even walking yet."

"Grayson is four years older than me.  I was adopted when I was one." I turned to him and say, "you say I am your family why did you attack my friends and I. Then kill two of them?"

"Just call me Uncle Lyle. You are either going to become my follower or I will end up draining your power. But I cannot do that until I find your sisters too. Then I will be the strongest hybrid and rule the world. As to why your two friends are dead. I now know her defensive flying skills. Then the other one had skills I wanted. She could transport to wherever she wanted without using a transport."

Tylen, Aliya and I looked at him in amazement. I asked, "how did you know about that skill? She just started doing that recently and did not even tell her parents."

"I am a hybrid- vampire and wolf. I just drain power and not just blood. When I drain power I pick up their skills. Your friends are alive because I already have their skills, but I feel you have some undeveloped skills and your sisters when I get them will help your u develop. Then I can take your skills."

I look at him, "you are a monster. You steal people powers and kill them."

"No they are part of me." He then pops out of the jail and leaves us behind.

Then I whisper why was my wolf only black and white?"

Flodium replies, "I think it was because you were in human form walking so looked like a regular werewolf, but in fairy form you are what we saw the first shift."

We stop talking because the door opens.  Then a couple of rogues come in, "this will be fun. He sprinkles some powder in his hand and blows it on us. Then he opens the door and unfastens the chains he has on Leona. She starts to try to cast a spell on him and nothing happens. She looks surprised. He laughs at her and starts to beat on her. "This stuff nullified your powers." He then one by one beats on us."

We all get beat and I am not sure how long we are there in that cell. I just know every day the blow that powder on us and we cannot do anything. They bring us a jar of honey and a loaf of bread each morning. Plus a canteen filled with water. That is our rations for the day. Then they beat us and ask again where my sisters are and they don't believe us when we say we don't know.

Then one day they bring us out of the jail and chain us up and grumble about having to move us because of the royalty warriors approaching our area.