Chapter 27

After we had seen the workshop I got ready to transport yo where we gathered the mushrooms. Freya said, "I will transport there first and then once I disappear you try to follow me. If you don't arrive within 15 minutes I will bring you to me." She then disappeared.

I then tried and ended up in a dark cave that had some mushrooms. All the sudden behind me I head a voice say, "how did you get here? What the hell. I can tell you are family. Who are you?"

"My name is Jean Rice. I am sorry for intruding. I was trying to go to where my aunt and I gathered mushrooms. I ended up here."

"You are alive? I was told you and your sisters died in the hospital. I am Lyle and one of your great grandfathers was my uncle. I arranged to have your parents killed.I planned to raise you and your sisters. The  strip you of your powers. You are a hybrid and you will be mine." He then lunged with his fangs opened as a wolf.

I then disappeared and he phased through me. I ended up by Freya and burst into tears as she held me. Then Grammy and Aunty Vesna appeared. "What is wrong?"

"He said he is going to kill me and my sisters. He said he killed my parents."

Grammy said, "who child?"

"Lyle. He said some great grandfather was his uncle. He turned into this giant wolf but then grew fangs. He lunged at me just as Freya called me to her," I cried out.

Grammy said bring her to the cabin. When we got to the cabin it appeared larger than I remembered it. As I stood in Freya's arms trying to stop crying I saw more coven members appearing.

Deon and his wife, Ida showed up wearing just robes. Deon yelled, "what the hell Maia. My wife and I were having a nice romantic night. We barely had time to get that on before you zapped us here."

Then Grundell appeared, "for you to call me here you old battle axe I figured it must me an emergency."

Then Greta appeared, she had about 6 full baskets of mushrooms she was gathering, "hello Maia. Were you needing moonlight mushrooms? I been feeling compelled to gather them all day. When moonlight hit I gathered a bunch."

Suddenly Sunrae appeared. She was singing a song and stopped abruptly, "why am I hear? I was singing tonight at Witches Tavern in Mystique."

Then James showed up and he had his wand out and was throwing a spell which Grundell deflected out the window. "I was clearing out the evil faries when you called me here. Now will have to pop back and finish the job."

Grammy said, "I called you here because of Jean. I know some of you dislike me but you care for her. We have always put our differences aside when anyone in our coven is in trouble."

Grundell looked at Jean, "what is wrong child?"

My eyes filled with tears. He then asked can I access what has you upset and share it with us who are here?" I nod my head yes and then leaned into Freya. She held me. The others formed a circle holding hands and candles appeared behind them. They all lit up. Then Grundell mumbled a few words and suddenly they all saw me standing by Grammy. They heard my incantation and where I ended up. Then saw what happened and it ended when I was in Freya's arms crying.

Grundell replied, "that jackass is still alive. He hasn't been beheaded or steamed yet."

We all turned toward him. Grammy asked, "is that the same hybrid you told us about when I was a child?"

He shook his head yes, "Lyle parents were werewolves. One night his dad was killed by a vampire. The vampire took Lyle's mom and bit her."

"Where was Lyle?," asked James.

"Lyle was still unborn. The vampire kept biting and sucking her blood.  When the baby was born it had traits of vampires and werewolf.  But not only could it suck blood it could drain people of power. His mother died shortly after that."

Aunty Vesna asked, "the question is how do we protect Jean? This guy really upset her?"

I sniffled, "Aunty Vesna he said he was responsible for my parents death, but now that he knows I am alive he is going to go find my sisters too. I will be responsible for their deaths."

Grammy replied, "no you won't be. I called these witches and warlocks from our coven because I know they are the strongest and best offensive and defensive of our coven. They will teach you to protect yourself and go after him.
Then Grundell, Greta, Vesna and I will work together to come up with a way to reflect him from draining your power. Freya will be in charge of your schooling and emotional support. As of tomorrow you are in home schooling and advance protection training. It is 3 months until your birthday and that is when you should come into your full power.  Until then it will not make since for Lyle to harm you or your sisters."

"Can I warn them about Lyle?"

"No, let me trace down Mrs Wesley's family. They are part of the protectors of supernaturals and they can check on your family. We can keep you safe until then. Now go up to your room and sleep."