TNP. Part IX - Middle Of The Night

Lauri's Pov

I abandoned my work that day and run around the city. I just want to breathe a fresh air because this is suffocating me. It took me five hours before I decided to go back at home. I haven't reach the house perimeter when my phone ring a call tone. I look at the caller ID and it's my secretary. Slowing down my run and became a walk.

Answering the call an anxious voice greeted me. My eyes glow in irritation but I don't want to fry my secretary. She work so hard for me. It wasn't her fault if some investors withdraw their contract on my company which I don't know why. Giving her an exact instructions what to do. While I'm still not there. She immediately note down what I commanded and seems like She relax a bit.

Ending the call before I run again turning to the house. No words came out on me when I open the door. Walking up directly upstairs to gather my things. Texting my private plane to pick me up quickly as possible. I received a response from the pilot that his on the air now. Entering the bathroom to take a quick shower. Hoping when I'm done to myself my ride was there at the minimize run away five minutes away from this house.
*************

- Skip -

Bet no one wants to talk about Lauri's presence when she walk in on her company building. Wearing a two piece suit , her heels clicking with enough sound to make everyone feel her annoyance about this businessman named Matthews who's the reason why the Investors back out on Her project proposal.

Lauri's recieved a text from Alex asking why She's gone without informing her big sister. She replied that the company have an emergency which is honestly true. The elevator stop on her perspective floor. The door slid open as she walk out. Her secretary greeted her with an embarrassing, nervous look. Handling her a papers neatly assembled by numbers.

" Where are they? " Lauri asked.

" Inside of your office Ms " She replied politely. Lauri face Her.

" I want you to grab me a fresh brewed Coffee, Chocolate Cheese Cake, Seafood Pasta Salad and Ginger Lime Juice from the same shop you brought to me last time " she commanded in a light tone. She must be hungry for not taking a meal while preparing the PowerPoint for their investors.

" Right away " Her secretary answer immediately. She's about to walk away when Lauri tap her shoulder and added. " Grab your own too Nia "

Lauri said in kindness knowing the dark circle under her secretary's eyes. She's tired. Nia smile gladly and nodded then went away.

As Lauri took a deep breath and make herself mask with determination to dominate once again her investors to came back to support the project that surely will help lots of people.

The powerpoint presentation happened and in instant they all agree to Lauri's ideal. However on the other side Lauri is exhausted from doing it. Answering questions that the investors send to Her was not hard. It's like a basic things when your on a meeting with the new investors. Once everyone is out and done exchanging hand shake to Lauri. She sat down with a bit loud in her ceo chair. Nia walk in with the food she ask for. Seeing the food on the paper bag makes her feel lighten.

Getting up to help Nia prepare her food,their food. Lauri is a kind Boss, She found Nia like a little sister. She maybe her youngest Secretary so far but this young woman is devoted to work for Lauri. That's why She's treating her as a friend. Happy to guide this Young woman not to get fraud by some businessman who want to bed her. She's taking Lauri's advice seriously when it comes to entering the love relationship. She knew Lauri's story and never spill it to anyone.
************