12. Leigh's Sisters

Alex Pov

When your the only child of the family. You will be jealous of other people who have siblings. I'm jealous by that situation. It's the Truth. Growing up to live my life alone without even a brother or a sister. Absolutely Not. I used to pray all night to give me a sister or a brother. I want to experience to have siblings too. The more the merrier right? Ofcourse.

My years of prayers answered when my Mom and Dad adopted Lauri. Dad is a good friend of Kent Family that's why when Lauri's parents is a business partners of them. She's a one child when a huge fire killed Lauri's parents. Kent can't look after Her so deciding to adopt Lauri and change her ambiance for good. She attended therapy session in the first two months of staying in our house herein LA. It helps her to be more lively and forgot what tragics she experience back in her country.

First We both fight open. It's funny to think all that. Never imagine to be close as in we were from the same blood. But we're not. Still time fix everything for us. When Dad gone missing. Lauri stay at my side no matter what. Even I'm pushing everything away from me. She stay. She courage me to go for the better me. I wonder sometimes what it that tragic didn't happen on Her. Will I be able to cross path on Lauri? I don't think so. It's impossible.

When Mom step down at her company. I'm in charge of take over. I focus on business while guiding Lauri. She want to have her own company name and so be it. She get it. She's an embodiment of Lights and Stubbornness when it comes to the things she love or she want to get. Luckily in the family room we both have that kind of behavior. You know Sisters spending lots of time to each other back in younger times makes me feel warm.

We're not a celebrity but tabloid rumors still have feet. News papers second page was about Lauri's love life. Where the hell did they get this photo of this man? Who turned to be an old old college friend from university. A photo was taken on their batch anniversary. They love rumors Don't they? They also surrounded by their batch mates. I can see Lucy's face at the corner. James next to Jeremy who talking to other ex classmates.

They look happy and this bastard look his flirting with Lauri. I don't have to interrogate my little sister about this because I know She's not interested on this man name Mike Matthew. He have a handsome face but not the attitude as I recall some of story Lauri told me back then. We took a short change of view. We drive in some city and deciding to stop by at one of my favorite library inside of the gallery museum. This museum have a huge collection of books from business to mechanical engineering to bio engineering and technologies. Even a historical fiction. It's insane right.

We made a deal who will get the books and who will buy the meal. I'm in charge at food so she went to get the books I wanted to read. The food have arrived and it's taking her so long to get back. I'm tapping my feet on the floor thinking did she lost? No. She have a good memory to get lost in one building. If she don't arrived two more minutes I need to find her or call her. Sipping my ice coffee her image pop up. Good. Looks like she didn't get lost at all.

" Where have you been ? You lost kiddo? " I joke as she give me a quick Eyebrows and carefully place down the books in our long table.

" Oh right done! " She beamed and sat down infront of me.

She started to eat and read the book. There's something wrong here. I stared for a while. She didn't giving me a damn attention. I cleared my throat as she look to my side.