𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
Lila stood behind Edward as he looked up myths and legends to try and figure out what is in Bella, "These are horrible..." The blond muttered while leaning down to get closer.

"Edward, Lila I need you." Carlisle called form the exam room where he was checking on Bella. Both of the vampires sped in the room to come across x-rays, "Her rib is cracked, no splinters." he turned from the images, "Hasn't punctured anything."

Lila took a sharp intake of breath making Bella reach out and give her hand a squeeze.

"Yet." Edward said in a monotone voice before turning to Bella, "It's breaking your bones now. It's crushing you from the inside out." Bella was visibly upset but he continued, "Carlisle tell her what you told me."

The doctor hesitated, "Carlisle tell me." Bella asked

The blonde man walked closer to Bella, "The fetus isn't compatible with your body, it's to strong and it won't allow you to get the nutrients you need. It's starving you by the hour and I can't slow it down." Bella slowly nodded with tears in her eyes, "At this rate you'll heart will give out before you deliver."

Lila dropped Bella's hand and covered her face, she wasn't ready to lose her best friend to a monster forming inside her, "It's killing you Bella!" she breathed out.

"I'm gonna hold on as long as I can." the brunette tried to reassure.

Bella- there are some conditions even venom can't overcome." Carlisle stated making Lila panic even more then before.

Letting the couple have a moment Carlisle and Lila left the room, "What are we gonna do about hunting?"

Carlisle sighed, "I'm not sure yet, we might have to go until the brink of starvation. I don't want anyone to get hurt."

Lila just nodded in return before plopping on the couch
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
A couple nights later the Cullens sat around the living room after finding out the baby wants blood.

"It's not gonna want animal blood." a flusterd Edward told Carlisle.

"I have some O neg." the blond said before getting up and leaving.

Jaspers head snapped up at the mention of blood making Alice grab his hand, "Walk with me?". Emmett shot a look at Rosalie before also walking out.

Carlisle came back up the stairs while pouring blood into a cup, "Wait wait wait. You're going to make her drink that?!" Jacob asked his eyes darting from the cup to Carlisles face.

"Fastest way to test the theory." he simply stated

Edward turned to Bella, "Only if your comfortable with it."

"Ill try anything." Bella said before trying to sit up.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Jacob muttered before moving to the other end of the sofa.

Lila grabbed the cup from Carlisle and held it out to Bella to drink, "This might not be easy to take."Bella grabbed the cup and took a slow sip making everyone sit at the edge of their seats.

"Tastes... good." she finally declared making Lila smile for the first time in weeks.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───