Chapter 71 ❤️ Not cool ❤️

We posted our photo on Instagram of the picture of the polaroid we took with the beach in the background and it gets likes and comments faster than anything. Ryan says it's okay if K don't want to but it's actually my idea because people need to normalise themselves with the fact that we're dating.

Don't guess what happened in the school forum, I don't even need to log in to know because I have Harley.

As I lay on my bed, I tried not to scroll through the comments because I might get sad if I saw negative ones but I just can't help and decided to read some of them.

@/sunnyflowy: You guys look cute together!

@/xiaoba: if i can't have a trip w/ my boyfriend, ion want him

@/yvesvely: a perfect date for a perfect couple.

I smile instantly when I saw a comment from Natasha.

@/sushinatasha: rooting for you guys the most here!

Of course, some of them are negative but they are not mean at least and there are just the minority of them as I almost don't see it.

I put down my phone, glad with the reaction and acceptance of them. I rush downstairs to tell Mom about my olan about the tennis game with Uncle George and William. I sit on one of the couch and start telling her my suggestion.

"Sure, that would be a good idea." Mom approves with my idea immediately.

I look at the tv in front of us with her favourite show playing, when she suddenly asks, "Have you tell Will about that?"

Ugh, awkward question.

"No, but he probably agrees with it too. Isn't it just fair that I bring someone too?"

"Of course it's fair. Just wanna make sure he's not shocked. That's all." She tries to tease me with the flashback of William's face when he saw Ryan at the dinner.

"Yeah, I'll tell him later." I roll my eyes.

After dinner, I decided to stay in my room instead of watching more shows as I've spent most of my day watching them. I sit at my study table, reaching my phone that is connected to the charger and unplug. I search through my contact number for William's number and hesitate whether I should text or call him. I mean, I want to be fast so probably calling is better but I prefer texting more.

After a minute of self-reflection, I decided to call him and end the call as soon as possible.

I wait for 3 rings before he pick up the call.

"Hello, Abby?"

"Hey." Even my hey is awkward.

"What is it?" He asks.

"Huh?" Why did I say that?!

He scoffs before asking, "You called me. Why do you call?"

The thing is I just realized that I can just tell this to Uncle George and ask him to inform William too and I don't have to make this call.

"Oh, yeah. I called. I just want to inform something?" I say that and sounds more like a question rather than a statement.

"Okay, go on."

"For the tennis game this weekend. I bet your Dad has told you about that, right?"

"Yes, he did. What about it?"

"I actually asked Ryan to join us because I don't have a partner. I mean you and your Dad must be in a team so I need a partner for my team too so I asked Ryan. Is that okay?" You don't want to know how clumsy I actually sound.

He is silent for 3 seconds before I hear his reply, "Sure, that would be good. The more, the merrier. Why? Did you think I won't agree with it?"

"N-No! It's not like that, I just... just inform you beforehand." The audacity of my mouth to stutter.

"Yeah, right." Okay, so he knows.

"I mean, it's not that I think you won't like the idea, I just, you know, wanted to make sure you guys don't feel awkward with that."

"What did Ryan say about it?" He asks me back.

"He agreed, that's why I ask you."

"So, what makes you think I won't agree with it? Ryan is your boyfriend, if he's okay with me there, I should be more than okay. Don't you think?" He calmly responds. He doesn't sound mad or rude or pressuring. Just calm.

"Yeah, I think so. Sorry if I made it worse."

"No, Abby. I didn't say that. I mean, it's all in the past. We're friends, remember? It's just a small matter. I just need to move on. I'm happy for you guys though. And I support you and him. He's a good guy." He says and I'm impressed on how he responds. Never knew we'll have this conversation. I was planning to end it fast just now.

"I know. I just... I don't know, maybe I just kinda feel bad? If that makes sense."

"Well, make sense. But, you don't have to. There's nothing wrong with it. Ryan and I talked and we're good. No hard feelings. So, you need to stop worrying about that."

"Yeah, right. You talked. I should noticed that. You guys even played for the big game without  any problems. Maybe I overthink too much." I play with my note book on the table.

"Maybe. And you know what? I actually felt more awkward if you keep on looking at me and thinking that you've done something wrong because I can see it. I just want us to stay as good friends. No awkward, no nothing."

I laugh a little at his statement. "Really? Was I that obvious? Sorry, though. I just don't know how to react. I'm glad that you talk about this actually."

"Nah, it's okay. I understand. But, are we cool now?"

"Yeah, cool."

*****

"You talked to William?" Ryan furrows his eyebrows at me.

"Mhmm." I said while munching on my food.

"And what did he say?"

"He said that you guys have talked about it and there's nothing to worry about and now he's moving on."

Ryan nods at my answer, satisfied with what he heard. 

"What did you guys talk about actually?" I finally ask him because I'm too curious not to and of course I can't ask that to William.

"What? I'm not telling you. It's boys' talk." He ignores my question and keep on eating another bite of his food.

"Pleasee. Just tell me one thing that you guys talk about." I whine and pout, trying to make him open his mouth and tell me.

"No, baby. I'm not telling you anything. Now, finish your food."

I scrunch my nose at his answer but obey and continue my food after that. 

After finishing our food, we talk and Ryan suddenly asks, "Wait, I have an idea. What if we have a barbecue after the game at my cabin house?"

"What? Are you serious? I mean like is it okay?" I ask him back because the question is so sudden so I'm not sure if he's serious.

"Of course, nothing wrong with it. Why? You don't want to?"

"No, of course I want to. But, is it okay with your Mom?" I only worry if Aunt Susan is not okay with it since she doesn't really know Uncle George and William.

"I'll ask her about that. But, I really think she will agree because we haven't spend much time together since she was so busy." He really sounds like he wants his Mom to agree because he misses her. I know how he feels because she's quite busy with the office. But, since the office is done now, she probably has more time for Ryan.

"Okay, just inform me back if she agrees and we get to plan everything beforehand."

"Okay."