TWENTY NINE

A few weeks later.

"Aubrey get up"

"10 more minutes"

"No, we'll be late, let's go"

"I don't even want to go" she said

"But we're going so, go ahead and get up"

Aubrey dreaded the day she'd have to go visit her family again, but at least she had Josiah to go with her this time. She felt it could be be both beneficial and destructive.

Aubrey groaned before sitting up in bed and throwing the cover off her body.

*I know you're afraid of planes we can just drive instead* she signed trying to prolong with journey.

"Nice try, go wash your face" he said making her roll her eyes.

For some reason Josiah's anxiety wasn't that bad, it'd usually be through the roof when he was getting on a flight.

Aubrey was quiet the entire ride to the airport, she was in a bad mood and didn't have anything to say.

"Aubrey" he said placing his hand on hers as it rested on the center console. She replied with a simple hm while taking her attention off the freeway.

"Relax" he said

"I'm ok" she said forcing a smile not convincing enough for him, but he let it go because he knew if he pressed the issue she'd lash out.

Aubrey would be fine if she was just visiting her aunt but she had to see almost all of her family, whom acted as if they despised her for no reason.

"Can you do me a favor?" She asked while they sat down at their designated seating area in the airport.

"Yeah"

"You don't even know what it is" she said looking everywhere but his eyes.

"So tell me so I can tell you yeah again" he said shrugging. She smiled lightly while grabbing his hand.

"Promise me you won't look at me differently no matter what happens on this trip" she said with pleading eyes.

"Aubrey-" he began to sigh. He was beginning to just say forget the trip, Josiah was concerned with how she was talking.

"Just say yeah please"

"Yeah please" he said making her playfully roll her eyes before kissing him softly.

"I love you, everything will be fine, I promise" he assured her while looking in her eyes. Aubrey felt a sense of relief but she was still nervous.

"I love you too, don't make a promise you can't keep" she said before laying her head on his shoulder for the brief time they were still sitting down.

"You're not scared for your life?"
Aubrey asked while they boarded the plane.

"I'm okay I think, I don't know why though" he said shrugging

"It's good" Aubrey said before throwing her head back in frustration. It was taking entirely too long to get to their seats and they were seated in the way back.

"Next time we'll fly first class" she said looking back at him. Josiah chuckled at her impatience.

"You got first class money?" He asked

"You do" she said as they finally got to their seats.

"I guess we'll just have to sit apart then" he said shrugging. She playfully hit his shoulder before making herself comfortable.