SEVENTEEN

"You are cheating"

"No I'm not you're just not good"

"Yes I am, you never told me you were some checkers expert" she said as he got up

"What are you doing?"

"I don't want to play anymore, you suck" he said

"Wait just one more game, babe please" she got up wrapping her arms around his waist

"Aubrey I have to go"

"Why, spend the night again" she said looking up at him.

"I've been here 3 days straight, I don't have anymore clothes"

"You have clothes here, where do you have to be?" She asked

"I just want to go home and you are trying to make me move in" he said jokingly. He wasn't tired of Aubrey or anything he just missed his bed and his place, he felt out of place anywhere else.

"I'm sorry, I just don't like being here alone" she said.

Raven was out of town with her family for the rest of the week and Aubrey hated sleeping in an empty apartment. It made her paranoid and she never slept well.

"You'll be fine just lock the door and call me if you feel like you're in danger"

"Mm okay" she said still feeling a bit uneasy

"Aubrey relax I'll see you in the morning ok?"

"Okay"

Once he'd left Aubrey decided to go to sleep in the living room. It made her feel better sleeping in an open space for some reason.

At about 3 she decided to get up and get herself some water, without turning on any lights she didn't notice the puddle of water near the refrigerator and slipped. She tried catching herself but ended up hurting her wrist.

Aubrey laid on the ground holding her wrist in pain for a minute before trying to get up. She sat on the couch trying to determine whether or not to go to the hospital since it hurt so bad.

Wincing every time it moved, she started getting dressed to go. It was better to be safe than sorry so she wanted to go to the emergency room. Since that was her reasoning she didn't want to wake Josiah just in case it wasn't broke so she drove herself.

Since it was late at night they were able to get to her as soon as possible.

"Can you move it?" He asked

"It hurts if I do" she said

"CC Okay well we're going to get you an x-ray but I'm pretty sure it's broken"

"Really?" She said looking at him all pitiful

"Yeah your pain, swelling, and immobility has me quite sure, we'll do the x ray to be 100 percent sure though" he said before leaving the room.

She went ahead and texted Josiah that the doctor was sure her wrist was broken and she fell.

Josiah💘- Why didn't you tell me before you went to the hospital I would've taken you

Aubrey- I didn't want to wake you for no reason

Josiah💘- Aubrey your wrist is broken I can sleep any time

Aubrey- ok well I made it to the hospital perfectly fine there's nothing for you to be mad about

Josiah💘- yeah ok