TWENTY FIVE

"Aubrey do you have a dollar?" Joi asked

"Yeah it's in my bag"

"Good, I'll give you a dollar to forgive my brother"

"Ugh, how do you know about that?" She asked, she knew Josiah would never go to Joi about their problems.

"Well he hasn't come and ate lunch with you this week yet and he texts you everyday at around 12 to 12:05 because he gets out of class and you haven't been answering any texts during that time so what did he do?" It didn't surprise Aubrey how attentive she was since her brother was the same way.

"I don't know if I should be talking to you about this" she said. Aubrey considered Joi a friend but she was 16 and also Josiah's sister, she didn't want to talk about her relationship with him to her because of that.

"Oh come on, I won't meddle"

"Your brother is an asshole, that's all" she said

"It took you a long time to figure that out"

Once her break was over Aubrey returned back to work.

"Aubrey?" A familiar voice stated making her turn around.

"Oh, Hey Brandon" Aubrey said

"You work here?"

"It looks like it huh?" She joked

"I mean it doesn't seem like you would work here, you kinda shy" he explained

"Yeah this helps with that, you need any help?"

"Nah I'm good, see you in class?" He asked Aubrey nodded before getting back to work.

"Ooo whose that, he's cute"

"A classmate and he's okay I guess" Aubrey said, she never really paid attention to his looks, she only had eyes for Josiah.

"Okay? Girl you're blind, anyways it's been a week you should talk to your boyfriend"

"I'm not initiating the conversation, he's in the wrong he has to"

"That makes sense, can't wait until he's forgiven so he can finally stop hovering at my home pretending he's there because he loves us when in reality he's bored and misses you" she explained

"Do you talk this fast to your brother?" Was all Aubrey could say, she thought about him when it came to little things. She missed him a lot and it had only been a week since they had last spoken.

"I usually sign to him when I have a lot to say, can you give me a ride home?" Aubrey nodded before they got back to work.

Once Aubrey arrived at the house she noticed Josiah's car was outside so she wanted to go quickly.

"Aubrey brought you home?" Josiah asked

"Whatever happened to hello, how are you, how was work?" Joi asked

"Hello. how was work? Did Aubrey say anything about me?"

"We have a certain confidentiality agreement I can't break" Joi signed

"I'll give you... 20 dollars" he said pulling a crumbled up 20 out his pocket.

"20 dollars is very insulting, I'm 16, not 5"

"40?"

"I don't want your money, you should go and talk to her and really listen this time, you're not always innocent" Joi stated, she didn't know what actually happened but she knew her brother and his habits.

"whatever that means" he hated how know-it-all his sisters were.
———————————————————————
"Aubrey you have a visitor" Raven said peeking her head in the door before Josiah came in.