TWENTY TWO

A few weeks had passed and Aubrey was no longer in a cast, she had to wear a wrist brace for 4 more weeks and it'd be healed fully.

"You wanna go to a party tonight?" Josiah asked

"No"

"Why not?"

"Because I like what I'm doing now, and I plan on doing it later" she was currently watching House and she was enjoying herself.

"What you're doing now is boring" he said making her give him a look. He didn't see how she could just be content with watching tv all day, he saw no excitement in that.

"Well I like boring, go to your party alone"

"Why so hostile?" He asked

"You do know you don't have to insult what I'm doing to get me to do what you want, I'm way too old for peer pressure"

"I'm not trying to pressure you Bre, I'm just trying to convince you to do something fun for once"

"You try to convince me to do the fun stuff all the time and I do, I never have fun, but whatever makes you happy right?"

"It's not like that-"

"It is like that, you want me to say yes to everything you suggest but you never take any interest in what I have going on" she stated

"Alright, let's do whatever you want tonight Aubrey"

"Whatever I want?"

"Yes"

"Hmm, I don't know, you can just go to the party without me" she said. Nothing was popping up in her head so she decided to let it go.

"If you don't want to spend time with me just say that" he said joking but she didn't know that.

"I do,it's just I don't really want to do anything tonight, so you can go out and do what you want" she said

"I want to be with you" he said

"You're so sweet it makes me want to cry" she stopped smiling and began pouting a little.

"I'll be mean then?" he said giving her a confused look. She'd never really cried in front of him before and he was feeling bad.

"No it's just your my favorite person and nothing good ever lasts for me and I just want this to last really really long" she said tearing up

"It will Aubrey, don't cry" he said not really understanding what was wrong.

"You promise?"

"Yeah I promise, this good thing will last for you" he assured her before kissing her and wiping her tears with his thumbs.

"Sorry for this I know I look crazy, I just-"

"It's alright, I get it now" he cut her off and kissed her again.

"You wanna spend the night?" She asked.

"No, but you can come to my place" he said getting out of his bed.

"Okay"

"Oh, I have a favor to ask you"

"Anything" she said kissing him once more.

"I'm going to the dentist on Tuesday to get my wisdom tooth out, my mom is going to take me and drop me off here, I need you to watch me basically"

"I can do that" she said nodding

"Good cus I already told her you would" he said. He didn't want to be at his mom's house getting smothered.

"You don't want to be in a doctor's care?" Aubrey asked. She would rather be under the care of someone who went to school to make people feel better.