THIRTY THREE

"Josiah do you think I'd be good at makeup?" Aubrey asked

"Have you ever done it?"

"No but I'm asking so I can see if it's worth a try"

"You picking up a new hobby is going to be based on my opinion?" He asked, to answer his question she nodded.

"That's a lot of pressure, I think you should do it though. You're already an artist" he said shrugging

"Thanks, you wanna go to the mall with me to buy makeup?" She asked

"Today?" He said in a dreadful tone. He didn't feel like being out, it was one of those "stay in and be bored days" for him.

"If you don't want to, I can just go after work tomorrow. I just wanted to find something for us to do, I know you don't want to be in here all day"

"Feeling the opposite today"

"Whaaat? Josiah wants to be a homebody?" She said in a fake surprised tone.

"I guess you're rubbing off on me" he said shrugging

"About that, are you really never gonna talk to them again?"

"For someone who doesn't want to be in it you sure do bring it up a lot" he said pulling her onto his lap maker her straddle him.

"At least hear Darren out, everyone else deserves your silent treatment" she said making him laugh.

"You're funny, if you're tired of me just say that" he said putting his hand in her shirt rubbing her bare back.

"I'm not. I just know that you miss them and as much as I enjoy being with you like this, I know you're kinda sad." She explained

"If I wanted to talk to them I would, let's leave it at that ok?" He simply didn't want to talk about it.

"Ok, your hand is really cold" she said

"You just have a fever" He joked

"Are you kidding? Because I have been feeling a lil sick since this morning" she said with a worried expression.

"I am joking but if you're really sick, get off me"

"Wow I guess there's no such thing as in sickness and in health huh?"

"I can't take care of you if I'm sick too"

"We don't even know if I'm sick or not" Aubrey said getting off him and fixing her clothes.

"I hope not, you have to get your belly button pierced tomorrow" he reminded

"Why are you so excited about a piercing you said I don't need?" She asked

"Because it's something new, I can't explain it but I feel so bored and it's not you it just feels like my life is a never ending cycle of the same thing over and over"

"And my piercing will change that?"

"It'll bring some excitement"

"I get it, I feel that way all the time, online shopping helps me though"

"How does that help?"

"Getting a package makes the day more exciting" she said shrugging

"I hate online shopping so that won't work for me"

"I know, because you're so impatient" she said laughing.

Josiah preferred to just go in store for things he wanted, he couldn't stand waiting for stuff he could get the same day. He only bought stuff online when he couldn't get it at the mall.